Senior Director - Sales
Posted on: February 20, 2021
The Senior Director of Sales is a key member of the executive
leadership team, reporting to the company President and responsible
for leading the Retail (Grocery, Mass, Drug, Club, Dollar,
Military) channels of trade. The retail channel is the largest
business segment for the company with strong growth potential both
in Hawaii and the U.S. Mainland. We are looking for a dynamic sales
leader capable of driving an aggressive long-term growth plan while
acting as a player/coach building sales capability within the
organization. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader and builder
with a track record of successful sales management in the CPG food
or beverage industry. This position will lead strategic planning
including development of the 3 year and annual operating plan for
the retail business. Key deliverables for the position include
branded distribution growth within the Western U.S., successfully
launch of new products (e.g. RTD coffee), building greater
analytical and fact-based selling capabilities and optimizing
merchandising productivity. As a senior leader in the organization
this position will also be a key player in developing company-wide
initiatives in partnership with the cross functional leadership
team and key business partners. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement annual budget (AOP) including net
revenue, volume, market share, trade spending, staffing and net
income for the U.S. retail channel
- Build strong relationships with key customers, distributors,
and brokers. Implement formal, collaborative annual plans, and
measure progress against key objectives.
- Effectively manage, develop, and evaluate direct reports
including Sales Managers and Manager - Field Merchandising.
Emphasis on training team members and sharing CPG industry best
- Build internal capability for fact based, data rich selling
stories and category analysis.
- Manage relationships with current broker partners. Expand the
current broker base to cover high opportunity geographies
(primarily west coast). Expand mainland points of
- Build compensation and incentive plans for the sales
organization to closely align with company objectives.
- Develop annual sales budgets and customer level P&Ls for
- Analyze sales reports, customer performance, and program
effectiveness. Create structured business analysis reports
- Partner with Marketing to develop new products, POP materials
and consumer campaigns.
- Budget, execute and evaluate trade programs. Improve spend
efficiency and track budgeted spending.
- Develop and implement disciplined pricing strategies across
regions. Identify opportunities to increase margins.
- Fill distribution gaps in base Hawaii market. Use data,
insights, and personal experience to evaluate current retailer
shelf sets and identify areas of opportunity for our brands as well
as the category.
- Maintain strong cross functional working relationships with
manufacturing, supply chain, finance, and marketing. Collaborate to
improve organizational efficiency and communication.
- Set in store merchandising objective and manage
- Travel as needed to U.S. mainland for customer, distributor,
and broker meetings.
- Other duties, as assigned. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- CPG sales leadership experience 7+ years, ideally food/beverage
and center store
- Strong analytic capability and working knowledge of
- Strong interest in coffee
- Experience managing food brokers and distributors
- Leadership experience to include managing, directing, and
developing team members from a variety of backgrounds. Build strong
- Takes ownership of all tasks; develops subordinates and peers
to excel at their jobs
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills.
Track record of successfully coaching and developing talent. A
humble, hand-on leader. Education:--Bachelor's Degree (four-year
college or university) required, MBA --desired Apply for Senior
Director - Sales First name Last name Email address Phone number I
would like to receive updates about my application via SMS Address
(optional) City (optional) State/Province Were you referred by
anyone? (optional) Yes No Please add your resume 10MB limit; .pdf,
.doc, and .docx file types are accepted. ATTACH FILE Please contact
us if you would like to better understand our data collection and
Keywords: Hireology, Honolulu , Senior Director - Sales, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!