Administrator IT Applications
Company: Bank of Hawaii
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Under the guidance of the manager, this position is responsible for
development, testing, and production support of BOH applications;
oversight of business and vendor relationships; leadership of
project design and phases, identification and analysis of problems;
and drives the investigation of solutions, new approaches and
techniques for implementation. If applicable or appropriate,
ensures business unit's compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and
procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair
Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy
Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Develops and maintains systems from a given set of requirements
directly or through other staff.
- Leads design, code and configuration reviews.
- Analyzes reviews and rewrites programs and systems to increase
operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements either
internally or through a contracted vendor.
- Ensures system application, configuration, and/or program code
produced individually, by vendors or staff members adheres to the
Bank's standards and applicability to business requirements.
- Provides logic, screen flows, and diagrams depicting data
integration and flows from technical specifications.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all technical
development and subsequent revisions.
- Reuses existing components in new designs and develops new code
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or
reuse of existing code.
- Maintains and enhances third-party software.
- Leads the planning and execution of application and systems
installations and upgrades, including security and program
configuration and maintenance for business applications and
databases in production, development, test and disaster recovery
- Leads and participates in team events and projects.
- Works with all levels of staff and management to address
concerns and resolve issues.
- Coordinates and communicates status on issues, projects and
other business activities to management and business partners.
- Drives assigned tasks through to completion.
- Provides technical leadership, assistance, and review of work
for junior and peer staff members and vendors.
- Provides appropriate staff mentoring and coaching to foster a
strong team atmosphere.
- Provides input for performance management and development
opportunities for junior staff.
- Responsible for their own learning; takes the initiative to
become educated and knowledgeable on topics that pertain to
technology, banking industry, and their job.
- Educates users on systems and processes and acts as and IT
- Provides cross training with other team members to maintain
effective back up.
- Understands and articulates to the IT organization the
direction of the business, emerging technologies and their
- Investigates and facilitates the development of new approaches
and techniques for possible implementation individually or through
staff. Works closely with management to ensure that all systems are
in line with the IMSG technology strategy.
- Reviews current process and recommends alternatives/solutions
for improved efficiency.
- Accountable for developing and communicating career goals to
- Develops plan for achieving established career objectives.
- May assist with the leadership of a team or section including
staffing, scheduling, performance management and
- Nurtures a positive business relationship with business units
- Point of contact for one or more business applications.
- Facilitates and works with business users to identify and
analyze their needs and define business requirements for new or
- Ensures that business requirements are clear, feasible and
- Facilitates discussions among technical staff to provide the
business community with alternatives and solutions to meet agreed
- Identifies and proposes business solutions.
- Negotiates deliverables across multiple business groups.
- Understands and applies the discipline of business process
- Analyzes business partner operations to determine opportunities
to streamline and automate business process.
- Supports planning and prioritization of process engineering and
- Advises business partners on options, risks, cost versus
benefits, and impact on business process, goals and budget.
- Leads project planning sessions with clients, business
analysts, and team members.
- Directs efforts and communicates project status, schedules and
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating
communication between business units and IT.Production Maintenance
- Supports the production environment; logs and tracks problems;
responds to questions and support requests and ensures the
production environment meets service levels established with
- Leads and ensures appropriate analysis of problems, initiates
corrective actions through resolution, takes steps to improve
production support, implements preventative measures and ensures
status updates are provided to those impacted in support of the
IMSG Service Level Agreement.
- Facilitates meetings with Business Units and technical staff to
- Ensures outstanding problems are addressed by the appropriate
support group/individual and priorities and deadlines are
- Performs regular follow-up according to procedures, and
confirms resolution with user prior to closing the problem
- Confirms impact of user problems are communicated via the
various communication channels.
- Maintains knowledge of products and services supported.
- Ensure system performance levels are monitored and develops the
appropriate alerting and reporting processes as appropriate.
- Initiates communication with vendor and if needed, escalates
with vendor management for problem resolution.
- Implements program/system updates and enhancements, in
accordance with corporate policies and Information Management and
Systems Group (IMSG) standards.
- Manages application system updates and ensures that processes
are in place such that similar updates are applied to the
underlying infrastructure and associated interfaces.
- Coordinates with other technical teams to identify, research,
and resolve problems with application systems, their associated
interfaces, and underlying infrastructure.
- Maintains documentation of IT procedures, system configuration
standards, maintenance and upgrades.
- Follows risk management guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable BOH policies.Testing
- Develops test plans that incorporate Corporate Testing
Standards and may guide junior staff in the use of industry
- Provides guidance on the development of appropriate testing
activities for junior staff.
- Directs and performs testing activities.
- Partners with Business units in support of test scripts and
test plans for acceptance testing.
- Reviews vendor documentation and assists business units with
- Leads design and pre-implementation walkthroughs.
- Ensures that a test environment is available.
- Ensures test results are documented and approvals are received
prior to implementation.
- Ensures development and validity of disaster recovery plans for
- Defines interface requirements and methodology.
- Recommends business testing requirements.Minimum
Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or
equivalent work related experience.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience with programming or
scripting language and:Administrator: Minimum 3 - 5 years of
relevant IT experience or equivalent work experience.
Banking/finance industry experience systems experience
Technical Skills: Demonstrated advanced expertise with personal
computers and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software. Knowledge of or
ability to use Bank software and systems.
Experience with Treasury or Treasury Operations industry software
packages and/or The Portfolio Genius, Spectrum, Quantitative Risk
Management platforms desirable.
Other Job Qualifications: Ability to build strong working
relationships and partnerships across organization with a
collaborative and consultative approach. Possess strong analytical,
quantitative, and problem solving skills to identify business and
process improvement opportunities and risks, implement procedural
change, and establish internal controls. Strong project management
and organizational skills required to execute and complete projects
on-time. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and
assignments with varying deadlines. Must be willing to learn
Programming/Development. Able to work flexible hours including
holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned. Able to work
flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed
..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Bank of Hawaii, Honolulu , Administrator IT Applications, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!