Senior Collections Representative
Company: University of Hawaii FCU
Posted on: May 14, 2022
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Join a spirited, dynamic team
with Hawai`i's leading credit union as we make a difference in our
community - providing financial value, exceptional service, and
state-of-the-art convenience to our members. Over 200% Match 401k
--- 100% Paid Medical --- 35 Paid Days Off Enjoy these benefits,
competitive pay, and more as a University of Hawai`i Federal Credit
Union employee! JOIN US! We look forward to hearing from you.
Position Title: Senior Collections Representative Department:
Credit FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt Reports to: Credit Manager
Position Purpose : This position works with members with complex
and difficult delinquent loans as well as negative share accounts
on repayment schedules and return items; stays abreast of
collection laws, and minimizes loan delinquency through regular
contact and follow-up. Essential Functions :
- Contacts, by phone or mail, members with delinquent accounts in
order to establish a mutually agreeable payment schedule on a
- Responsible for accurate and complete maintenance and
documentation of all actions taken both verbal and written
- Works with attorneys, third-party vendors, such as collateral
protection and repossession companies; regarding repossessions,
collections, garnishments and bankruptcy cases.
- Follows up on loan payments made with non-sufficient funds and
insufficient payroll deductions and periodic payments.
- Processes credit bureau disputes.
- Educates members on how to pay their debts in a timely
- Identifies potential troubled members, and negotiate payment
- Responsible for accurately updating collection reports in a
- Follows established collections procedures and prepares and
mails all delinquent loan reminder notices.
- Prepares, processes, and maintains appropriate documents for
charged-off loans, auto repossessions, and bankruptcies.
- Researches loan payments to ensure that the member receives
full and complete explanation of the status of his/her loan.
- Researches automatic payment changes that may affect the status
of a loan payment.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate collection records and
- Assists members in completing documents for filing (CDI & CLI)
- Submits appropriate documents for collateral protection
- Evaluates and gathers information on delinquent accounts
submitted for workouts.
- Performs other duties as needed. Performance Standards :
- Provides excellent member service (internally &
- Maintain reasonable delinquency ratio.
- Maintain & document of all member interactions taking place
during collection efforts.
- Accurate and timely follow-up on delinquent accounts.
Qualifications : Education/Certification: High school diploma or
GED is required. Required Knowledge: Basic understanding of MS
Office Suite. Basic knowledge of credit union programs. Knowledge
of state and federal collection regulations. Experience Required:
Four to five years lending and collection experience.
Skills/Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Able to navigate and properly utilize the core collections
system. Negotiating skills. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Activities and Requirements of this Position : Repetitive Motion:
Movements frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands,
and/or fingers. Communication Skills: Must frequently convey
detailed or important instructions of ideas accurately and quickly.
Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to read, prepare
and inspect documents or products. Hearing: Able to hear average or
normal conversations and receive information. Physical Strength:
Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Able to lift and carry
up to 25 lbs. Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense
understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal with
problems involving variables. Mathematics Ability: Able to perform
basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and
dividing using a calculator. Language Ability: Able to write
complex sentences using normal word order with present and past
tenses, as well as a command of the English vocabulary. Working
Conditions : Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting. Attendance
Requirements : Please note that scheduled attendance requirements
may change due to business needs. Business Hours : Monday through
Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be able to
work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Keywords: University of Hawaii FCU, Honolulu , Senior Collections Representative, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!