Assistant Director of Finance
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
The Assistant Director of Finance will be responsible for the
oversight of the Operations Accountant and the Owner Relations
Accountant. - Position will also help support the Operation Finance
team being the primary liaison for properties in the portfolio for
the Finance team.
Job Responsibilities: -
- Supervision, development and support of the Operations
Accountant and the Owner Relations Accountant
- Provide support to Directors of Finance supporting hotel
properties, including but not limited to support regarding
accounting processes and procedures, preparing financial
statements, forecasting, budgeting, review of journal entries and
other month end activities, analytics.
- Provide support for condo owner questions and issues escalated
from the Owner Relations Accountant, including distributions and
tax related matters
- Develop strong relationship with Property level General
Managers and Owner Relations representatives to help support the
operations team with financial related business decisions,
including spending time physically with the team on property
- Become the subject matter expert for the organization on Owner
Relations software system that handles owner distribution
calculations and tax return preparation.
Job Qualifications: -Education: High School graduate
-Experience/Skills: Ideal candidates have experience working in a
hotel and or condo/hotel environment, a customer service
background, and a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience.
Strong proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook is required.
- Prior experience with Peoplesoft and Owner Relations software
Management Activities: -
- Interview, select and train employees
- Set and adjust their rates of pay and hours of work
- Direct the work of employees
- Appraise employee productivity and efficiency for the purpose
of recommending promotions or other changes in status
- Handle employee complaints
- Discipline employees
- Plan the work
- Determine the techniques to be used
- Apportion the work among the employees
- Determine the type of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment
or tools to be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked and
- Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise
- Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
- Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more
full-time employees or their equivalent (1 full-time employee at 40
and 2 half-time employees at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2
- Authority to hire or fire other employees or make suggestions
and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement,
promotion or any other change of status of other employees.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Honolulu , Assistant Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!