Company: University of Hawaii FCU
Posted on: June 24, 2022
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?Join a spirited, dynamic team
with Hawai`is leading credit union as we make a difference in our
community providing financial value, exceptional service, and
state-of-the-art convenience to our members.
Position Title: HELOC Underwriter Department: Central Lending FLSA
Classification: Non-ExemptReports to: Central Lending ManagerPay
Based on Experience: Starting at $40,000 Annual Employee BenefitsIn
addition to competitive pay, we are proud to offer a comprehensive
- Paid Employee Medical And Dental Insurance; UHFCU pays 100% Of
The Base Employee Coverage
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- Eleven (11) Company Paid Federal Holidays Plus Four (4) Company
Paid Personal Holidays
- Eligible to Earn Ten (10) Days Paid Vacation; Increases With
Years Of Service
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement With Employer Match And Profit Sharing
- Employee Loan Discount
- UHFCU Subsidizes 50% For Monthly Bus Pass
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Credit Union-Paid Benefits Such As Group Term Life With
AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance And Long Term
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal and External Professional Development
- And Many More!
Position Purpose:This position supports the Central Lending Manager
by ensuring loans are processed quickly and equitable credit
decisions are made for home equity loans and consumer loans.
Additionally, ensures loans are in compliance with applicable
federal, state, NCUA and credit unions rules and regulations.
- Reviews, processes, and decisions all home equity loan
applications per credit union policy and procedure(s), including
but not limited to: home equity lines of credit, home equity loans,
and green loans.
- Reviews processes and decisions all consumer loan applications
per credit union policy and procedure(s), including but not limited
to: personal loans and personal line of credits, new and used auto
loans, and Visa applications.
- Reviews and processes consumer, and home equity loan
applications received through in-branch, online, and indirect
- Reviews all supporting loan documentation to ensure that they
meet underwriting guidelines.
- Approves consumer and home equity loan application within
assigned approval limits.
- Coaches, teaches, trains support personnel within the Central
Lending department on the intricacies of loan underwriting.
- Works with third parties (escrow officers, realtors, and
mortgage servicers, etc.).
- Processes subordination requests to credit union policy and
- Reviews and stays abreast of regulations as it pertains to all
- Forwards all approved loan applications to branch staff for
- Supports Member Service Representatives with loan information
needed to assist members, loan documents, and obtaining all
necessary information and forms to complete documentation
- Processes paperwork to properly book a loan securing all
collateral, sending documents for recordation, setting up automatic
payments, following up and executing automobile liens, follows up
on dealer letters of guarantee.
- Complies with all requirements of the credit unions Customer
- Identifies all cross-sell opportunities and actively sells
credit union products and services through daily face-to-face and
telephone contact to existing membership and potential
- Performs other duties as needed.
- This is not a remote position. Performance Standards:
- Provides excellent member service (internally &
- Achieves underwriting and loan production volumes as determined
- Keeps up to date on credit union policies, procedures and
- Loans are processed accurately and underwritten to credit union
policies and procedures.
- Executed documents are accurate and in compliance with all
- Assists in monitoring department goals.
- Maintain good relationship with all outside vendors, to include
Auto Finance Managers, realtors, and escrow and title
Qualifications:Education/Certification: High school diploma or GED
required. Must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing
System.Required Knowledge: Basic understanding of MS Office Suite
is required.Knowledge of lending regulations.Basic knowledge in
processing/underwriting loans.Experience Required: Four years of
experience in lending with an understanding of underwriting home
equity loans.Minimum of two years experience underwriting and
processing first mortgage loans. One-year supervisory experience
preferred.Skills/Abilities: Excellent verbal and written
communication skills.Good member service skills, ability to work
with a team.Excellent analytical, creative, and problem-solving
Activities and Requirements of this Position:Repetitive Motion:
Movements frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands,
and/or fingers.Communication Skills: Must frequently convey
detailed or important instructions of ideas accurately or
quickly.Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to
prepare to inspect documents or products.Hearing: Able to hear
average or normal conversations and receive information.Physical
Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Able to lift
and carry up to 25 lbs.Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common
sense understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal
with problems involving variables.Mathematics Ability: Able to
perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting,
multiplying and dividing using a calculator.Language Ability: Able
to write complex sentences using normal word order with present and
past tenses, as well as a command of the English vocabulary.
Working Conditions:Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting.
Attendance Requirements:Please note that scheduled attendance
requirements may change due to business needs.Business Hours:Monday
through Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be
able to work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as
Keywords: University of Hawaii FCU, Honolulu , HELOC Underwriter, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!