Senior Collections Representative
Company: University of Hawaii FCU
Posted on: August 5, 2022
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?Join a spirited, dynamic team
with Hawai i s leading credit union as we make a difference in our
community - providing financial value, exceptional service, and
state-of-the-art convenience to our members. Position Title: Senior
Collections Representative Department: Credit FLSA Classification:
Non-Exempt Reports to: Credit ManagerEmployee BenefitsIn addition
to competitive pay, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits
- Paid Employee Medical And Dental Insurance; UHFCU pays 100% Of
The Base Employee Coverage
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- Eleven (11) Company Paid Federal Holidays Plus Four (4) Company
Paid Personal Holidays
- Eligible to Earn Ten (10) Days Paid Vacation; Increases With
Years Of Service
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement With Employer Match And Profit Sharing
- Employee Loan Discount
- UHFCU Subsidizes 50% For Monthly Bus Pass
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Credit Union-Paid Benefits Such As Group Term Life With
AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance And Long Term
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal and External Professional Development
- And Many More!Position Purpose:This position works with members
with complex and difficult delinquent loans as well as negative
share accounts on repayment schedules and return items; stays
abreast of collection laws, and minimizes loan delinquency through
regular contact and follow-up. Essential Functions:
- Contacts, by phone or mail, members with delinquent accounts in
order to establish a mutually agreeable payment schedule on a
- Responsible for accurate and complete maintenance and
documentation of all actions taken both verbal and written
- Works with attorneys, third-party vendors, such as collateral
protection and repossession companies; regarding repossessions,
collections, garnishments and bankruptcy cases.
- Follows up on loan payments made with non-sufficient funds and
insufficient payroll deductions and periodic payments.
- Processes credit bureau disputes.
- Educates members on how to pay their debts in a timely
- Identifies potential troubled members, and negotiate payment
- Responsible for accurately updating collection reports in a
- Follows established collections procedures and prepares and
mails all delinquent loan reminder notices.
- Prepares, processes, and maintains appropriate documents for
charged-off loans, auto repossessions, and bankruptcies.
- Researches loan payments to ensure that the member receives
full and complete explanation of the status of his/her loan.
- Researches automatic payment changes that may affect the status
of a loan payment.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate collection records and
- Assists members in completing documents for filing (CDI & CLI)
- Submits appropriate documents for collateral protection
- Evaluates and gathers information on delinquent accounts
submitted for workouts.
- Performs other duties as needed.Performance Standards:
- Provides excellent member service (internally &
- Maintain reasonable delinquency ratio.
- Maintain & document of all member interactions taking place
during collection efforts.
- Accurate and timely follow-up on delinquent
accounts.Qualifications:Education/Certification: High school
diploma or GED is required.Required Knowledge: Basic understanding
of MS Office Suite. Basic knowledge of credit union programs.
Knowledge of state and federal collection regulations.Experience
Required: Four to five years lending and collection
experience.Skills/Abilities: Excellent verbal and written
communication skills. Able to navigate and properly utilize the
core collections system. Negotiating skills. Analytical and
problem-solving skills. Activities and Requirements of this
Position:Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly
required using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.Communication Skills:
Must frequently convey detailed or important instructions of ideas
accurately and quickly.Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity
necessary to read, prepare and inspect documents or
products.Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and
receive information.Physical Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most
of the time). Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. Reasoning
Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry-out
detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving
variables.Mathematics Ability: Able to perform basic math skills
including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using a
calculator.Language Ability: Able to write complex sentences using
normal word order with present and past tenses, as well as a
command of the English vocabulary.Working
Conditions:Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting. Attendance
Requirements:Please note that scheduled attendance requirements may
change due to business needs.Business Hours:Monday through
Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be able to
work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Keywords: University of Hawaii FCU, Honolulu , Senior Collections Representative, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!