Tax Senior Hawaii
Company: HiAccounting (A Division of The Hawaii Group)
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Functions: Tax Planning, Tax Preparation and Review
Reports To:Director of Tax Services
Location: Honolulu, HI
FLSA Status: ExemptCOMPANY DESCRIPTIONHiAccounting is a locally
staffed outsourced accounting and tax firms serving small to medium
sized businesses. Our team of accounting and tax professionals work
together on multiple clients in various industries. HiAccounting is
a division of The Hawaii Group, Hawaii's leading business process
outsourcing firm. We strongly believe in working personally and
directly with our clients, connecting through HiGroup's core
principles of integrity, transparency, and dedicated client
service.POSITION SUMMARYHiAccounting is seeking a Tax Senior to
join its tax division. The Tax Senior is primarily responsible for
managing the client service experience and deliverables including
income tax returns and research memos. The Tax Senior should be
self-driven, passionate and client service focused - serving as a
role model to junior staff.The Tax Senior reports to the Senior Tax
Manager of HiAccounting.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Deliver best-in-class customer service to clients and employees
at all times, with an emphasis on being proactive, responsive,
professional, and accurate.
- Understands assigned client's business and industry and works
closely with management to have a full understanding of client's
- Ability to have new client interviews and develop a
scope-of-work proposal and engagement letter. Able to work with
management to set engagement budgets.
- Develops relationships with client and takes part in client
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with
client's employees, and co-workers to promote a quality service
- Communicate with client personnel to request information
necessary for the preparation of tax returns, to update clients on
the status of their project and for general customer service
- Teach entry level accountants company policies & procedures for
preparing tax workpapers and tax returns.
- Ability to manage a large number of clients and client
projects. Prioritizes work and communicates with clients on the
status of their projects.
- Deadline driven and completes tasks in a timely
- Prepare/review tax source documents needed to properly support
all types of tax returns
- Prepares/supervises the preparation of all types of simple to
moderately complex tax returns.
- Review, sign off on and file simple to moderately complex tax
returns prepared by staff.
- Track and record time accurately. Review time recorded by staff
to ensure project remains on budget.
- Review time spent on projects and propose final invoice amount
- Prepare tax liability projections for clients.
- Identify tax planning opportunities for clients and promote
other company services to clients that would help them in their
- Commit to continuing education of new and changing tax laws and
policies and demonstrate the skills to ask questions and research
when answers are not known.
- Understands general business including business law, formation
and entity types.
- Practice integrity and professional judgment, including asking
questions when needed.
- Self-driven and takes initiative to research
- Embraces technology and quickly adapts to technological
- Protects Organization's values by keeping information
- Actively contributes to the overall positive culture of the
- Embraces team-based approach to client services.
- Encourages collaboration, open communication and problem
solving in a team.
- Participates, engages and teaches training. Seeks and offers
mentoring and coaching opportunities.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with the company's
established policies and procedures.
- Provide information to client's external auditors or advisors,
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of performance measures
that support the company's strategic direction.
- Protects organization's values by keeping information
- Actively contribute to the overall positive culture of the
- Update and monitor various management reports
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. HiAccounting shall make reasonable
accommodations to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.SKILLS & ABILITIESThe ideal Tax
Senior has a mid-level knowledge of individual and business tax
laws. Has the commitment to continuing education of new and changed
tax laws and policies, and possesses the skill set to research when
answers are not known. This person will meet most or all of the
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or business
administration, or equivalent business experience.
Experience: A minimum of two years of progressively responsible
experience in the tax division of public accounting and/or the
private sector, or any combination of education and experience
which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities
to meet the minimum qualifications to perform the essential
functions of this position.
Licenses: Have obtained, or the desire to obtain a CPA or EA
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of
Ultra Tax, Lacerte, Drake, or other professional tax software.
Knowledge of QuickBooks, AccPac, Intacct or other
Other Requirements: Perform other duties as required. Must be able
to travel as required; overnight or extended stays as needed.
Availability to work additional hours or weekends, as projects and
tax deadlines demand. Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver's
license. Ready availability in person or electronically to senior
executives in case of emergency.
Location: HiAccounting prides itself on being locally staffed. This
position requires that applicants live in relative proximity to
position location applied for. If you are an applicant who does not
meet this specification, please specify in your cover letter your
relocation timing and efforts.
WORKING AT HIGROUPEncouraging an active, lifestyle by supporting
our employees' interests, efforts, and activities, HiGroup is proud
to be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii for
over 10 years in a row!Since its inception, the HiGroup team has
enjoyed exceptional benefit packages. Alongside traditional
options, such as full medical, dental, vision, drug, disability,
life insurance, 401K, flexible spending, supplemental benefits, and
profit sharing, as well as a generous PTO and holiday leave
program, HiGroup also proudly offers its employees even more
generous support at work, at home, and in the community. Offering
paid time off for employees to volunteer as well as investing in
learning and development opportunities company-wide, HiGroup
enthusiastically encourages their team members' desires to be good
citizens on and off the job.We encourage career development by
providing a buddy and mentoring system, regular performance
evaluations and reimbursements for continuing education for the CPA
or other professional certifications. We are family oriented and
provide a flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely.
- Daily employer provided lunch under the HiGroup Daily Grinds
- Gym/fitness reimbursements.
- Cell phone reimbursement (for EE's that use their phone for
- Parking or bus pass subsidy.
- Regular in-office massage therapy.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely when
- Support of CPA and continuing education.
- 12 paid holidays (includes your birthday off).
- Paid time off for volunteering.
- Employee snacks and drinks.
- Career advancement.
- 401K, 4% matching and profit sharing (after eligibility
requirements are met).
- Health benefits (after eligibility requirements are
- Life Insurance.
Keywords: HiAccounting (A Division of The Hawaii Group), Honolulu , Tax Senior Hawaii, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!