Senior Auditor II
Company: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press "shift + =".
Some assistive technologies may require the use of a passthrough
function before this keystroke. For more information, activate the
button labeled "Explore your accessibility options". The Senior
Auditor II reports to the Senior Audit Manager and is responsible
for performing risk-based compliance audits, operational audits,
financial audits, information technology audits, and consulting
projects for HMSA, its affiliates and subsidiaries. The position
reviews and analyzes critical business processes, systems and
programs with the goal of assessing the adequacy of controls and
minimizing business and compliance risks. Duties and
- Perform risk-based, compliance, operational, financial and
information technology audits and consulting projects for HMSA, its
affiliates and subsidiaries. Create and execute audit programs and
consulting projects, report findings and recommendations, and
perform follow-up activities to ensure that management has
remediated findings in a timely manner. Establish relationships
with business and IT representatives in order to provide solutions.
- Analyze critical business processes and programs supporting the
strategic initiatives and corporate priorities of HMSA, its
affiliates and subsidiaries. Identify areas of significant risk to
- Interview and conduct investigatory procedures on critical
business processes and programs by evaluating the adequacy of
control points, efficiency of processes and success criteria to
mitigate the risk of management failing to meet its corporate
- Recommend improvements and corrective actions with meaningful
corporate-level impact to reduce the level of risk. Participate in
management discussions to improve business processes and control
structures. Recommend enterprise solutions that align with
corporate strategy and performance.
- Report results to executive management and the AVP, Internal
Audit. Advise senior management of the audit status and problems on
a regular basis. This role requires excellent oral and written
- Maintain a keen awareness of external and internal business
initiatives, trends, issues and policies which may affect the
business of HMSA, its affiliates and subsidiaries. Maintain
requisite knowledge of audit and related fields by participating in
appropriate professional organizations and conferences, seminars,
- Other Duties/Functions:
- Perform all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed.
- Perform administrative duties such as preparing timesheets and
status reports, organizing and backing up files, participating in
planning, training and other departmental and organizational
activities. Exempt or Non-Exempt Exempt Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field (examples: Accounting,
Finance, General Business) and four years of related work
experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business analysis skills to analyze complex business
processes and solutions, identify key controls and identify
operating problems or non-compliance issues.
- Knowledge of common business, financial, operational and
- Familiarity with general internal audit issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Including but not limited to Word, Excel. Basic knowledge of
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Candidate must agree to obtain at least one of the following
certifications within two years of hire. Certified Internal Auditor
(CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information
Systems Auditor (CISA). Other possible certifications include the
following: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Risk
Management Assurance (CRMA), or Certified Information Systems
Security Professional (CISSP).
Keywords: Hawaii Medical Service Association, Honolulu , Senior Auditor II, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!