Company: University of Hawaii FCU
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press "shift + =".
Some assistive technologies may require the use of a passthrough
function before this keystroke. For more information, activate the
button labeled "Explore your accessibility options".Join a
spirited, dynamic team with Hawai`i's leading credit union as we
make a difference in our community - providing financial value,
exceptional service, and state-of-the-art convenience to our
members.Position Title: Senior Accountant Department: Finance FLSA
Classification: ExemptReports to: ControllerEmployee BenefitsIn
addition to competitive pay, we are proud to offer a comprehensive
- Paid Employee Medical And Dental Insurance; UHFCU pays 100% Of
The Base Employee Coverage
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- Eleven (11) Company Paid Federal Holidays Plus Four (4) Company
Paid Personal Holidays
- Eligible to Earn Ten (10) Days Paid Vacation; Increases With
Years Of Service
- 401(k) Retirement With Employer Match And Profit Sharing -
- Employee Loan Discount
- UHFCU Subsidizes 50% For Monthly Bus Pass -
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Credit Union-Paid Benefits Such As Group Term Life With
AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance And Long Term
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) -
- Internal and External Professional Development
- And Many More!This position monitors and maintains Credit Union
investments; performs monthly closing of general ledger; prepares
and produces financial statements and regulatory reports;
reconciles general and subsidiary ledgers; and assists with
financial audits and examinations. Additional responsibilities
include assisting the Controller by training, supervising, and
coaching other team members and providing input to the manager to
performance appraisals.Essential Functions:
- Cross-trained to perform duties of the Finance positions;
provides back-up coverage, as needed.
- Oversees maintenance and reconciliation of the general and
- Initiates recommendations for changes in the credit union
accounting systems for accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with
all applicable Federal and State laws, General Accepted Accounting
Principles, Regulatory Accounting Principles and NCUA Rules and
- Maintains ALM reporting.
- Assists Controller to maintain an adequate liquidity position
to meet the daily operational needs of the credit union and to
maximize its investment opportunities.
- Performs month-end closing and financial reporting.
- Maintains investment files and accounting for investments.
- Performs regulatory reporting, including NCUA and FHLB.
- Produces and maintains analysis and trending by developing
spreadsheets and obtaining data from various credit union
- Performs escheat and tax reporting to the State of Hawaii.
- Oversees department in absence of the Controller.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Performance Standards:The
following duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner:
- Maintenance and reconciliation of general and subsidiary
- Month-end financials and regulatory reports.
- Filing of State taxes and escheatment.
- Minimal findings in internal and external audits.
- GAAP and NCUA
compliance.Qualifications:Education/Certification: Four-year degree
in Finance or Accounting.Required Knowledge: Must be proficient in
MS Office Suite.Experience Required: Four years finance/accounting
experience.Skills/Abilities: Excellent interpersonal and
communication skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving
skills. Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines. Able to
work independently and make sound decisions. Able to create
spreadsheets and analyze data.Activities and Requirements of this
Position:Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly
required using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.Communication Skills:
Must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas
accurately and quickly.Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity
necessary to read, prepare and inspect documents or
products.Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and
receive information.Physical Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most
of the time). Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.Reasoning
Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry-out
detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving
variables.Mathematics Ability: Able to perform basic math skills
including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using a
calculator.Language Ability: Able to write complex sentences using
normal word order with present and past tenses, as well as a
command of the English vocabulary.Working
Conditions:Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting. -Please note
that scheduled attendance requirements may change due to business
needs.Business Hours:Monday through Saturday. Business hours are
subject to change. Must be able to work additional hours, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
Keywords: University of Hawaii FCU, Honolulu , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!