Senior Analyst Strategy II (Branch)
Company: Bank of Hawaii, Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We are looking for top analytics talent in Hawaii to help
transform how Bank of Hawaii leverages data. We have an exciting
opportunity to shape how we use data and technology to acquire,
retain, and engage our customers that bank with us through our
branch network. This role will partner closely with product
managers across the bank, and will be primarily responsible for
providing actionable insights through analytics.
- Under direction of the Strategy Analytics Manager, this
position is responsible for:
- Conducting data analysis to support bank strategy, including
identifying and evaluating opportunities and tactics to achieve
- Presenting data analysis findings to key stakeholders.
- Generating new ideas and analytic solutions to meet bank
- Promoting the bank's analytics culture and knowledge
- Supporting the development and execution of performance
- Assisting in business unit's compliance with applicable laws,
regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and
procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair
Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy
Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Conducts and presents data analysis to support bank strategy
and identify opportunities.
- Works with business managers to understand strategic context
and frame an actionable analysis.
- Develops [in all sources] and follows data collection methods
to accurately query and validate the bank data needed for
- Follows data collection methods to accurately query and
validate external data needed for analyses.
- Efficiently and accurately processes and summarizes the
- Validates, evaluates, and thinks critically about the
summarized data and how it fits into the strategic context.
- Clearly and concisely presents the relevant context and
- Supports Analytics Development and Culture.
- Works independently on idea generation and analytic solutions
to meet bank goals.
- Investigates and resolves concerns regarding data quality or
documentation; shares resolution with relevant business unit(s) and
- Displays a desire to improve upon analytics skill set and finds
opportunities to do so.
- Promotes the bank's information and analytics culture.
- Supports the execution and development of performance tracking
- Partners with business managers to help refine performance
- Leads report creation and development for business units.
- Automates complex reporting processes and advocates for
alternative solutions to recurring processes that are not eligible
- Understands the purpose of each report and continually adapts
existing reporting to ensure the most relevant metrics are
- Very effectively identifies and notes key trends with report
- Fulfills ad-hoc data requests from executive management.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
- Education: Bachelor's degree with major in mathematics,
statistics, finance, accounting or related area or equivalent work
- Experience: Minimum 5 years in an analytics role, or related
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with
Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power
Point) or similar software. Knowledge of or ability to use bank
software and systems. Requires working knowledge of Business
Intelligence, Python, SAS, Power BI, Blue 360 and other internal
BOH systems preferred. -
- Other Job Qualifications: Demonstrated written and verbal
communication and presentation skills to all levels of management.
Is a proactive leader who has the ability to be an influential
leader in the company. Possess strong analytical, quantitative and
problem solving skills to identify opportunities and risks,
implement change and establish internal controls. Ability to
simultaneously manage multiple projects and assignments with
varying deadlines. Ability to conduct analysis and interpret and
communicate findings in a business context. Must demonstrate strong
project management and organizational skills required to execute
and implement projects on time. Possess strong intellectual
curiosity and business acumen. Demonstrated drive to learn,
research, and resolve issues independently and/or with others.As a
Bank of Hawaii employee, you ensure (or assist with ensuring)
compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory
requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not
limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering
laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
-Delivering exceptional customer experiences is at the heart of
what we do at Bank of Hawaii. We listen, understand and deliver
what our customers need to help them build a better tomorrow. -We
are an EEO/AA employer, including disability and veterans. For Bank
of Hawaii's full EEO statement, please visit
- Job Identification 3001523
- Job Category Technology
- Posting Date 07/18/2022, 08:56 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations 130 Merchant St, Honolulu, HI, 96813, US Receive Job
Alerts for Newly Posted JobsPage Senior Analyst Strategy II
(Branch) - Bank of Hawaii Careers loaded
Keywords: Bank of Hawaii, Inc., Honolulu , Senior Analyst Strategy II (Branch), Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!