Company: Shriners Children's
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Join our Shriners Children's Hawaii 'Ohana! We are proud of
providing the highest quality care to Hawaii's Keiki for almost 100
years. Shriners Children's Hawaii treats children with
neuromusculoskeletal conditions throughout the Pacific Basin
regardless of the family's ability to pay. Become a part of our
specialized care staff and help us transform lives together.
Shriners Children's is a network of 21 non-profit medical
facilities, telehealth sites, outreach programs, ambulatory centers
and clinics across North America, treating children from 170
countries. Our work environment is mission driven and our patients
are at the heart of everything we do. They inspire us to continue
our mission of improving the lives of children and families.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Shriners is committed
to providing challenging and rewarding careers in an environment
based on our corporate values: excellence, innovation, commitment,
integrity, teamwork, stewardship and respect.
Shriners Children's Hawaii is looking for a Senior Accountant to
support our Honolulu Hospital and Pasadena Ambulatory Service
Center. - This position is located full-time at our Honolulu
hospital location. - The Senior Accountant performs professional
accounting work, including auditing, analyzing and verifying fiscal
records and reports, preparing financial and statistical reports,
providing information to hospital staff regarding accounting
practices and procedures, and reconciling general ledger account. -
This position also assists in preparing the hospital annual budgets
and year-end audit reports.
General Accounting Duties
- Assists in reviewing financial transactions and applies
accounting theory and principles to ensure compliance with GAAP and
applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures for healthcare
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and
subsidiary accounts; prepares monthly financial statements,
including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure
- Assists with establishing and overseeing accounting procedures
and internal controls for assets and liability accounts, and
expense accounts to ensure compliance with accounting standards and
- Applies accounting theory to account for revenues,
expenditures, transfers, account payable, and account receivable in
accordance with GAAP to accurately report the results of hospital
- Assists with prepare monthly financial reports, forecasts and
expenditure projections -
- Monitors research grant revenues and expenditures, ensuring
data integrity in the hospital accounting system, as
- Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings and tracks
receivables; reconciles monthly accounts receivable.
- Interacts with affiliated hospitals on patient billings and
resolves any outstanding issues.
- Assist with cost report work paper preparation.
- Prepares audit schedules for external auditors and acts as a
liaison between the hospital and auditors.
- Prepares budget files for distribution to all responsible
- Works with managers to develop their respective
- Work with director fiscal services to prepare reports for
internal review, board review and submission to home office.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- 5 years of experience in accounting in a hospital or non-profit
- 5 years of experience in accounts receivables, fixed assets and
account reconciliations required
Keywords: Shriners Children's, Honolulu , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!