Company: HiAccounting (A Division of The Hawaii Group)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Hawaii Accounting LLC (dba HiAccounting)
Functions: Accounting, Bookkeeping, Management Reporting
Reports To: - Accounting Manager
Location: Honolulu, HI
FLSA Status: - Exempt
COMPANY DESCRIPTION -
HiAccounting is a locally staffed outsourced accounting and tax
firm serving small to medium sized businesses. Our team of
accounting and tax professionals work together on multiple clients
in various industries. HiAccounting is a division of The Hawaii
Group, Hawaii's leading business process outsourcing firm. We
strongly believe in working personally and directly with our
clients, connecting through HiGroup's core principles of integrity,
transparency, and dedicated client service.
HiAccounting is seeking a Senior Accountant to join its outsourced
accounting division. The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible
for overseeing the preparation of accounting workpapers and
reconciliations to support the issuance of financial statements and
management reports. The Senior Accountant should be self-driven,
passionate and client service focused - serving as a role model to
The Senior Accountant reports to the Managing Director of
HiAccounting under the supervision of an Accounting Manager. -
- Serves as the primary liaison with client personnel ensuring
deadlines are met.
- Reviews workpapers and reconciliations necessary to support the
financial statement closing.
- Create, update and monitor various management reports.
- Coaches junior staff members as needed regarding workpaper
- Oversees the preparation of financial statements and management
- Oversees the preparation of budgets and practice variance
- Supervises junior staff to ensure work is performed accurately
- Provides training, coaching and mentoring to junior staff
regarding client service.
- Works with Practice Development Manager on implementing new
- Oversees the filing of general excise tax returns and other
reports to regulatory agencies as needed.
- Understands general business including business law, formation
and entity types and practices ability to make recommendations for
- Stays up-to-date regarding regulatory and industry changes to
respond to client's needs.
Client Service -
- Deliver best-in-class customer service to clients and employees
at all times, with an emphasis on being proactive, responsive,
professional, and accurate.
- Understands client's business and industry and establishes a
full understanding of client's service needs.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client personnel; ensure
client deadlines are being met and manage client expectations
regarding deliverables, budgets and timelines.
- Develops relationships with client and takes part in client
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with
client's employees, and co-workers to promote a quality service
- Embraces team based approach to client service.
- Encourages collaboration, open communication and problem
solving in a team.
- Tracks and records time accurately. Understands client
engagement agreement and is able to identify services outside of
- Identify new opportunities for clients and promote other
company services to clients that would help them in their
- Assist with new client implementation process including
preparing a proposal for services, setting a budget and assigning
return to team.
- Assist with new client interviews and develops a scope-of-work
proposal and engagement letter. Sets engagement budgets.
- Ability to manage a large number of clients and client
- Assist to review time spent on projects and approve final
invoice amount for project.
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of performance measures
that support the company's strategic direction.
- Works closely with staff to answer questions and is available
- Seeks mentoring and coaching opportunities and serves as a
"buddy" to new staff and interns.
- Track and record time accurately. Review time recorded by staff
to ensure project remains on budget.
- Completes Project Evaluation for junior staff and help with
performance evaluation feedback.
- Participates and engages in training. Seeks continuing
- Assist with recruiting for new accounting and tax
- Practice integrity and professional judgment.
- Self-driven and takes initiative to research questions. Ability
to work independently to resolve most issues but seeks advice from
management when needed.
- Embraces technology and quickly adapts to technological
changes. Takes a leadership role in company initiatives to
implement new processes to streamline work flow.
- Deadline driven and completes tasks in a timely
- Protects organization's values by keeping information
- Actively contribute to the overall positive culture of the
- Attend networking and industry events to expand the brand of
HiAccounting, our visibility in the market place and to generate
- Participate and lead organization efforts to building a strong
community presence with charitable activities.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with the company's
established policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. HiAccounting shall make reasonable
accommodations to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES -
The ideal Senior Accountant is familiar with accounting and
financial operations in a fast-paced, for-profit environment. This
person will meet most or all of the following requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or business
administration, or equivalent business experience.
Experience: A minimum of two years of progressively responsible
experience in public accounting and/or the private sector,
including at least one year of supervisory experience, or any
combination of education and experience which would provide the
necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the minimum
qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position.
Licenses: CPA license highly preferred, but not required. -
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office,
including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. - Prior knowledge of
Intacct, QuickBooks or other accounting software is preferred.
Other Requirements: Perform other duties as required. - Must be
able to travel as required; overnight or extended stays as needed.
- Availability to work additional hours or weekends, as projects
and tax deadlines demand. - Possession of a valid motor vehicle
driver's license. - Ready availability in person or electronically
to senior executives in case of emergency.
Location: HiAccounting prides itself on being locally staffed. This
position requires that the applicant live in Oahu. If you are an
applicant currently not living in Oahu, please specify in your
cover letter your relocation timing and efforts.
WORKING AT HIACCOUNTING
Encouraging an active, Hawaii lifestyle by supporting our
employees' interests, efforts, and activities, HiGroup is proud to
be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii for nine
(9) years in a row!
Since its inception, the HiGroup team has enjoyed exceptional
benefit packages. Alongside traditional options, such as full
medical, dental, vision, drug, disability, life insurance, 401K,
flexible spending, supplemental benefits, and profit sharing, as
well as a generous PTO and holiday leave program, HiGroup also
proudly offers its employees even more generous support at work, at
home, and in the community. Offering paid time off for employees to
volunteer as well as investing in learning and development
opportunities company-wide, HiGroup enthusiastically encourages
their team members' desires to be good citizens on and off the
We encourage career development by providing a buddy and mentoring
system, regular performance evaluations and reimbursements for
continuing education for the CPA or other professional
certifications. We are family oriented and provide a flexible work
schedule with the ability to work remotely.
- Daily employer provided lunch under the HiGroup Daily Grinds
- Gym/fitness reimbursements.
- Cell phone reimbursement (for EE's that use their phone for
- Parking or buss pass subsidy.
- Regular in-office massage therapy.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely when
- Support of CPA and continuing education.
- 12 paid holidays (includes your birthday off).
- Paid time off for volunteering.
- Employee snacks and drinks.
- Career advancement.
- 401K, 4% matching and profit sharing (after eligibility
requirements are met).
- Health benefits (after eligibility requirements are
- Life Insurance.
Keywords: HiAccounting (A Division of The Hawaii Group), Honolulu , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!