Sr. Accounting Clerk
Company: Knife River
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Terilyn K Esperanza
05/19/2023 at 11:59pm CDT
Provides assistance to other accounting and billing support functions (accounts payable & accounts receivable). Responsible for accurate processing of invoices, expenses, reports and credit card logs. Ensures deadlines are met and accounting and customer issues are handled in a timely manner.
1. AA in Accounting or Accounting certification.
2. Two to four years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
3. Able to maintain customer relations through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communications skills
4. Must be skilled at using spreadsheets and other Microsoft Office Suite software programs.
5. Good analytical and financial skills.
6. High ethical and moral standards.
1. Bachelors degree with three to five years related experience.
2. Knowledge of JD Edwards.
3. Experience in a construction industry setting.
1. Responsible for timely review and entry of invoices, expense reports and credit card logs into A/P to ensure accuracy and proper account numbers. Codes invoices, expense reports, vouchers for correct coding and entry into accounting system.
2. Vouchers invoices into the financial accounting system.
3. Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
4. Responsible for timely sorting, filing, processing for payment and batching of processed invoices according to payment terms and methods.
5. Responsible for the timely reconciliation of credit card and expense report clearing accounts.
6. Investigates and timely resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and/or purchase orders.
7. Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
8. Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
9. Proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
10. Process and distribution of the invoices and monthly statements.
11. Assists with monthly status reports and monthly closings.
12. Assists in timely reconciling accounts receivable and accounts payable accounts.
13. Provide accounting assistance to accounting department staff to support accounting functions, as well as support to other company departments and operations.
14. * Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
15. *Must maintain confidentiality in handling of all company data.
16. *Must maintain the highest level of moral and ethical standards at all times.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Competencies
1. Proficient computer skills using spreadsheet and accounting software.
2. Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
How To Apply
Please apply online at jobs.mdu.com or contact your local job service office.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Keywords: Knife River, Honolulu , Sr. Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Aiea, Hawaii
here to apply!