Company: University of Hawai'i Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Join a spirited, dynamic team with Hawai`i's leading credit
union as we make a difference in our community - providing
financial value, exceptional service, and state-of-the-art
convenience to our members. Position Title: Compliance Officer
Department: Compliance FLSA Classification: ExemptReports to: Vice
President, Member SupportEmployee Benefits One great perk of
working at UHFCU is we offer on-demand pay through our financial
wellness provider. With the on-demand pay benefit, you can have the
money you've already earned when you need it, so your time and
money can work better for you. Get early access and get paid
without waiting for your paycheck. In addition to competitive pay,
we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical Insurance which Includes Drug and Vision; Company pays
100% of Employee's Self-Coverage; PLUS, a Company Paid Subsidy
- Dental Insurance; Company Pays 100% of Employee's Self-Coverage
and Employee Pays for Low Cost Family-Coverage
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match and Non-Elective
- Eligible to Earn Thirty-Five (35+) Paid Days Off a Year
- Vacation Cash-Out Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Company Pays for Employee Group Basic Life With AD&D
- Company Pays for Employee Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Pays for Employee Long Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Recovery, Critical Illness + Cancer, and
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Loan Discount
- Company Subsidizes 50% for Adult Monthly Bus Pass
- Cash Reward Employee Referral Program
- Workiversary Cash Reward and Gifts
- Internal and External Professional Development
- And Many More!Position Purpose:This position develops,
administers and monitors programs for compliance with laws,
regulations and rules governing operations and products. Informs
and educates staff and Senior Management of compliance
responsibilities. Ensures Senior Management is kept informed of all
aspects of the Credit Union's compliance activities, including an
evaluation of its relative risk exposure related to compliance.
- Performs reviews to ensure the credit union's operations are in
compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements ongoing compliance training programs to
meet the goals and objectives of the credit union relevant to
quality standards established.
- Assists with the credit union's Bank Secrecy Act and Red Flags
- Interprets and disseminates information on regulatory matters
in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all forms and disclosures are in compliance with
NCUA rules and regulations.
- Creates and manages a compliance program, to be continually
maintained and monitored as new regulations or changes to existing
regulations become effective.
- Assists management with compliance issues by being a resource
in obtaining pertinent information on various rules and regulations
and identifying impacts to current operations and services.
- Assists auditors and examiners in their review of the credit
- Receives and responds to subpoena and related legal requests
- Files fidelity bond or related insurance claims.
- Assists with the Credit Union Vendor Due Diligence
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the Enterprise
Risk Management Program.
- Responds to concerns from management, and staff.
- Supports and carries out the strategic objectives of the credit
- Performs other duties as required.Performance Standards:The
following duties are completed in an accurate, updated and timely
- Credit union is in compliance with all federal and state rules
- Compliance training for board of directors, management, and
- Credit union policies and procedures are compliant with all
federal and state rules and regulations.
- Credit union disclosures, forms, and marketing materials are
compliant with federal and state rules and
Knowledge: Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.Knowledge of
financial institution regulations. Experience Required: Experience
in writing policies, manuals and procedures.Skills/Abilities:
Requires the development, preparation, and monitoring of
budgets.Able to interpret regulations and laws and disseminate
information.Able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet
deadlines.Able to work in a fast-paced environment.Effective and
clear verbal and written communication skills.Foster team
work.Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.Excellent analytical,
creative, and problem solving skills.Activities and Requirements of
this Position:Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly
required using wrists, hands, and/or fingers.Communication Skills:
Must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas
accurately and quickly.Visual Abilities: Average visual acuity
necessary to read, prepare and inspect documents or
products.Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and
receive information.Physical Strength: Sedentary work (sitting most
of the time). Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. -Reasoning
Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry-out
detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving
variables.Mathematics Ability: Able to perform basic math skills
including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using a
calculator.Language Ability: Able to write complex sentences using
normal word order with present and past tenses, as well as a
command of the English vocabulary.Working
Conditions:Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting. -Please note
that scheduled attendance requirements may change due to business
needs.Business Hours:Monday through Saturday. Business hours are
subject to change. Must be able to work additional hours, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
Keywords: University of Hawai'i Federal Credit Union, Honolulu , Compliance Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...