Tax Compliance Accountant
Company: ProService Hawaii
Posted on: May 18, 2019
OverviewAt ProService Hawaii, our client experience is essential to
our success. Our mission is to empower employers to succeed in
Hawaii, and as the leading HR Administrator in Hawaii, we thrive in
seeing our clients grow and succeed. We service 2,500+ local
businesses in Hawaii, totaling 35,000 work site employees. Our Tax
Compliance Accountant will play a key role in ensuring that our
client's payroll tax filings are accurate and timely.
As a Tax Compliance Accountant, you'll be directly responsible for
the filing of payroll taxes with various state and federal
agencies, mandatory government surveys, and serving as a subject
matter expert for all tax related matters for our clients both in
state and out of state.
This role is amid level role, and we'll provide you with the tools
and resources to be successful. From your first day, you'll partner
with our Payroll Compliance Manager to become familiar with our in
state and out of state tax processes, filing software, and our
various internal resources and teams.Responsibilities
- Ensures that tax filings of Forms 941, 940, HW-14, and UC-B6
are on time and accurate.
- Resolves payroll tax related notices & client inquiries by
contacting government agencies for clarification of tax rules.
- Researches payroll tax laws for multiple states in the USA and
complex tax compliance issues through providing comprehension and
referencing specific tax codes. Balances third party sick payment
information from our insurance carrier, recording and filing
necessary taxes. Keeps current with payroll tax laws and
- Completes reviews documentation related to employee tax
exemptions and reports of mandatory government surveys.
- Collaborates with various internal departments with annual
initiatives including annual W2 generation, and unemployment
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply concepts in new
- Organizational skills including the ability to multitask and
- Ability to collaborate in a team based environment.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and accounting based
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or business equivalent from an
accredited college or university.
- 2 years of payroll or payroll tax experience.
- Experience with HRMS, MasterTax, or other tax filing
- Understanding that our company and our culture is something
each of us owns and to which everyone contributes. It's ProFirst,
not Me First, and "we" before "me". Above-the-line ownership of
results and finding solutions, embracing the discipline of high
- Play for Keeps
- Striving to be the best we can be, through our individual
efforts collectively as a team. We Seek to be the best at the world
at HR in Hawaii, and we assess our performance against our goal of
being the absolute best. Passion is the fuel that drives us towards
the highest possible team performance.
- Clients are Partners
- Bring urgency, passion, and discipline to make improvements for
our clients. We care about our clients and their success. Our
client's success is our success.
- Be a Pro
- Be the best at your role and work together to bring the best
out of each other, and make your team better. Strive to become the
best at what you do. Values feedback and coaching.
- We Learn!
- Seek to be a continuous learner through learning from mistakes,
acting like a rookie, and seek learning opportunities. Welcome and
take 100% above-the-line accountability when faced with a
Keywords: ProService Hawaii, Honolulu , Tax Compliance Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!