Assistant Store Manager II
Company: Par Pacific
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Build a Career with A Fast-Growing Leader Offering Exceptional
Showcase Your Potential to Advance while Enjoying Employee-Friendly
If you combine your customer service skills with strong leadership
abilities, this position offers you a number of attractive
You will Earn excellent compensation, including bonus potential and
great benefits. For example, we pay the total premium for medical
insurance, so you'll only be responsible for co-pays.We see this
role, in our nomnom convenience stores, as a proving ground, and
many employees have started in this role and Advanced to Store
Manager or even higher roles.
You'll join our ohana -- We truly care for our employees and
promote a close-knit atmosphere.We Offer both autonomy and support,
including excellent training.You'll become part of a fast-growing
company that operates more than 90 gas station/convenience stores
on five islands.To meet the basic qualification for this role, you
will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United
States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa
sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assistant Store
you will have:
A high school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Experience in customer-facing roles, including handling customer
Experience in retail sales and cash handling. Some supervisory or
team leadership experience.
A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
Schedule flexibility and the willingness to work day, swing and
night shifts, including weekends.
We have opportunities for Assistant Store Managers and Customer
Service Associates throughout the Islands, so feel free to share
this information with your network
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SITE RELATIONSHIPS
- Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service, may
be required to assist customers at the gas pump, and assists in
resolving customer issues.
- Accurately ring up all sales on POS system; comply with all cash
handling procedures including checks, and other types of payment
received for products sold.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with all
- Is responsible for all cash, monies, and inventory during
STORE OPERATIONS AND FACILITIES MAINTENANCE
- Assume Store Manager responsibilities when needed.
- Prepare bank deposit, reports, and paperwork during manager's
absence or days off.
- Comply with all company policies and store procedures.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift
- Adopt, comply with, and participate in all safety programs and
- Perform cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness
inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment
on the site. Assist with identifying equipment problems.
- Receive merchandise using proper check-in procedures when working
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision, and may be required
to work irregular work hours, attend job-related meetings and other
duties as assigned.
- Conduct fuel surveys
Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and
- Work with station manager to create, maintain, and improve
teamwork, and provide training assistance to new associates.
- Assist with scheduling staff working hours.
- Ability to communicate in English (orally and in writing),
including proficient telephone communication skills.
- Ability to work various shifts as scheduled and arrive on
- Ability to work with equipment, tools and materials as
- A valid driver's license, and adequate transportation for banking
and fuel surveys.
- Ability to perform essential duties and work in the conditions as
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift.
- Ability to see with 20/40 vision (corrective lenses acceptable)
in order to see numbers on cash register, store inventory levels,
items purchased, gas pumps in operation, and problems that may
occur with gas pumps.
- Ability to hear (hearing aids acceptable) customer requests and
gas pumps (safety measure).
- Frequent reaching overhead, gripping, wrist movement, and finger
dexterity required to restock inventory, package items sold,
operate POS system, receive payments, issue change, operate gas
pumps, wipe pumps, maintain station grounds, and general
- Frequent squatting and kneeling required for obtaining and/or
- Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e.
utilizing a hand-truck).
- Frequent lifting of 20 pounds or less from floor to waist,
overhead, and carry a short distance.
- Sometimes required to lift more than stated conditions up to 50
- Ability to climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, and/or
place or remove signs.
Full-time or part-time work positions available. There may be
exposure to gas fumes and solvents, and occasional noise. Work
environment is a non-smoking and drug-free setting.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages
and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses.
Par Pacific's business is organized into three primary segments of
refining, retail and logistics. We have refining and logistics
assets in Hawai'i and Wyoming and a retail distribution network in
Hawai'i. We also own an equity investment in Laramie Energy, LLC, a
joint venture entity focused on producing natural gas in Garfield,
Mesa and Rio Blanco Counties, Colorado. Par Pacific has an active,
opportunistic growth strategy.
Keywords: Par Pacific, Honolulu , Assistant Store Manager II, Accounting, Auditing , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!