Receptionist/Billing Clerk II
Company: Kalihi Palama Health Center
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The incumbent of this position will check-in patients for clinic
visits, assure that registration is done accurately and timely;
ensure that patient's medical record is ready and complete for
patient visit, book established/follow-up appointments for
Behavioral Health Department. The position is also responsible for
obtaining and verifying insurance information; obtaining insurance
authorization as indicated, making referrals and collecting
The person in this position is a member of the Patient Center
Medical Home team.
- Greet patients with a smile and builds a positive patient
- Obtain insurance information at first point of service.
- Manage and schedule behavioral health referrals.
- Enter patient demographics into the electronic medical record
- Update prior information on established patients in system.
(e.g. ID cards)
- Refer patient to eligibility worker if patient has no insurance
- Collect co-pays at time of service.
- Discuss financial arrangements and determine payment based on
- Interact with various insurance companies regarding
pre-certification process and follow up.
- Utilize insurance websites to confirm eligibility.
- Operate phone system, receiving incoming calls and making
- Answer general inquiries and triage calls.
- Confirm patient appointments. Remind patient of small balances
due when appropriate.
- Prepare and update patient registration and registration
- Generate encounter forms.
- Monitor automated appointment reminder system.
- Print out providers daily appointment schedules.
- Organize and maintain department files.
- Operate various office equipment including, EMR & Automated
appointment reminder systems, Word and Excel.
- Prepare end of day report and closes daily business. Turn in
encounter forms to billing. Balance cash receipts.
- Orders office supplies.
- Light typing of forms, labels, memos and other documents.
Regular and reliable on-site attendance is required.
- Patient Accounting:
o Ensure that if a referral or pre-certification is required, it is
in place prior to the patient being seen.
o Current copy of valid ID in chart and all contact information is
up to date and accurate.
o Current income verification form in chart
o Ethnicity entered into system and matches the chart
o Verify patient eligibility at each patient visit.
Assist with photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, routing memos,
etc. as needed
Perform other related duties as assigned
Observe safety and security procedures; determine appropriate
actions beyond guidelines; report potentially unsafe conditions;
use equipment and materials properly.
Our model uses the parallel workflow design where workload is
distributed throughout the team, thus improving efficiency
resulting in better workflow and improved patient and staff
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Current BCLS/CPR.
- Experience working with Centricity or other electronic medical
- Previous experience with basic computer systems.
- 2 years of experience as a receptionist or customer service
representative in a hospitality, office, or healthcare
- Multi-lingual language skills are helpful
- Ability to work with interruptions.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions and perform tasks as
- Ability to manage challenging patients.
- Familiar with insurance/billing.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team
Kalihi-Palama Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that
is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Kalihi Palama Health Center, Honolulu , Receptionist/Billing Clerk II, Administration, Clerical , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!