Director Sales & Marketing, Aqua-Aston Hospitality
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, Aqua-Aston Hospitality (AAH) has
a legacy stretching back to 1948. The company manages full-service
resorts, stylish boutique hotels, select service properties, and
condominium resorts. In addition to its proprietary brands, Aqua
Hotels & Resorts and Aston Hotels & Resorts, the company is an
approved, third-party operator of global hospitality brands by
Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, and IHG. Recent property
launches for the company include the acclaimed ADERO Scottsdale,
part of the Autograph Collection by Marriott, the AAA five-diamond
ultra-luxe ESPACIO The Jewel of Waikiki, and Bot--nika Osa
Peninsula, Costa Rica's newest Curio Collection by Hilton and only
rainforest condominium resort in the Osa Peninsula.Aqua-Aston
Hospitality is an operating business of Marriott Vacations
Worldwide Corporation, a leading global vacation company that
offers vacation ownership, exchange, rental, and resort and
property management, along with related businesses, products, and
services. MVW supports Aqua-Aston with certain corporate resources
including, but not limited to, finance and accounting, legal, human
resources, information technology, and procurement.Specific Job
SummaryThe Director of Sales & Marketing will be responsible for
maintaining and further penetrating existing account and generating
new business. The central goal of the role is to aid in the growth
of top line revenue by way of increased awareness, conversion, and
- Responsible for ensuring that a strategy is in place to
identify business opportunities and maximize sales potential.
Essential to have existing knowledge of and relationships in place
with key accounts and must be able to develop new business.
- Meet and exceed revenue goals and customer service
- Must have effective management skills and closely monitor
existing relationships with clients.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, good
networking ability, strong negotiating skills and be target and
- Must have expertise in identifying competitive set and
recommendations on sales/pricing strategies and service/product
improvements to stay competitive.
- Responsible for developing a larger presence for brand and/or
properties resulting in increased revenue.
- Consistently review and analyze sources of business and market
segments and ensure top line revenue is maximized - deploy
appropriate initiatives when needed.
- Create and present promotional rates, packages and programs for
these market segments with recommendations on deployment and
marketing for these packages through various channels.
- Responsible for identification of key markets and creating
travel schedule strategies around these markets.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and communicate to appropriate
individuals anything that could impact the hotels directly or
- Continually assess the strengths/challenges of each area of
discipline and maximize the use of available resources.
- Responsible for creating appropriate Power Point Presentations
and sharing with the sales and marketing team.
- Accountable for the annual revenue goals within assigned market
segment and effectively manage budget and costs.
- Solicit Familiarization Tours - Overnight at the various hotels
and/or site & meal functions.
- Intimate destination knowledge of Hawaiian Islands.
- Travels primarily to initiate new sales leads and create
proposals and presentations.
- Entertain and maintain clients in a professional manner.
- Return phone calls and answer emails in a timely
- Implements marketing initiatives to support sales strategies
and activities within budgeted dollars.
- Pursues appropriate marketing and advertising opportunities
that represent property goals and makes recommendations.
- Actively pursues partnerships, promotions, and joint ventures
through all mediums.
- Assists with annual digital marketing budgets review and
marketing plans as directed.
- Assists with other tasks as needed.Specific Candidate
ProfileSuccessful candidates should possess knowledge and
experience plus a demonstrated ability to move market
share.Education: 4-year degree/diploma in Travel Industry
Management, Sales & Marketing, or Business management
- Five (5+) years' experience in hotel sales with a focus on
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams, with high
skill levels in excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
to serve both customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, have excellent time
management skills and able to handle multiple accounts and
- Must be detail oriented and a creative problem solver.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Honolulu , Director Sales & Marketing, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, Advertising , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!