Marketing Specialist and Media Buyer
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Marketing, Advertising and Media Planning
- Develop and implement long-term advertising plans, including
defining objectives, strategies, and tactics based on HMSA's
- Develop annual media plans for broadcast television, radio,
print, web, digital display and streaming, paid search,
out-of-home, multicultural ads, and other emerging/new media.
- Actively negotiate and coordinate added value spots/space when
buying advertising placements.
- Actively negotiate ratings and cost per point. Collect
information about the kinds of audiences that can be reached by
different media and establish a plan to reach the greatest number
of customers at the most reasonable cost.
- Develop media plans for campaigns and present recommendations,
which are consistent with corporate strategy and budgets, to
executives and customers.
- Develop and maintain annual advertising budget and produce
monthly, annual, and campaign-specific reports. Advertising budgets
typically range between $1-2 million annually.
- Evaluate advertising opportunities and make recommendations to
management on media type, frequency, timing, and appropriate
- Evaluate and manage media buys based on value and presence for
HMSA within budget and plan.
- Study media provided demographic data and consumer profiles to
identify desired target audiences for specific media vehicles,
including lifestyles and psychographics.
- Ability to incorporate market research and industry trends into
media plan recommendations to ensure strategies and tactics will
result in attaining marketing and communications goals.
- Keep current with market trends.
- Advertising Coordination/Project Management
- Determine what media will best achieve HMSA's desired results
and coordinate directly with media outlets to arrange what time(s)
the advertising will air and how much it will cost.
- Manage advertising vendor relationships, including creative,
budget, media, deliverables, and day-to-day communications.
- Maintain files and databases on all advertising placements and
- Handle corporate and community organization advertising
requests for Island Scene magazine and other print media.
- Responsible for ad insertions and trafficking.
- Review all advertising invoices for accuracy and resolve all
issues prior to approving for processing and payment.
- Communicate timetables, space, and material deadlines with
- Deliver the most efficient costs while estimating the
anticipated target audience delivery accurately.
- Manage development and production of on-site and off-site
television, print, and radio advertising as necessary. Ensure
completion of advertising campaigns within approved budget and
- Perform various calculations to identify the usefulness of
different media plans. Present findings and recommendations to
management staff and customers.
- Maintain accuracy of planning costs/rates/competitive
- Feedback and Measurement
- Develop feedback mechanisms to assess effectiveness of
initiatives and campaigns.
- Measure effectiveness of messaging and marketing vehicles to
adjust content and tactics accordingly.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data
into recommendations and plans for revising marketing plans.
- Compile reports for management showing return on
- Provide leadership and expertise to the department with respect
to all advertising issues, leading team meetings as necessary and
directing each team member's contribution as necessary.
- Serve as HMSA's primary contact with respect to advertising and
media buy inquiries.
- Serve as co-leader of the creative team for all corporate,
departmental, and product campaigns.
- Responsible for leading advertising direction/concepts for
writing, web, and graphic arts design resources, and ensuring
consistent quality of work.
- Vendor Management
- Build strong relationship with stations and print media.
- Maintain a vendor contact list and ensure it remains up-to-date
and available to Communications department resources.
- Meet with vendors to discuss HMSA's needs, requirements, goals
and timeframe for each project.
- Track projects to ensure final product meets HMSA quality and
branding standards and is completed on time and on budget.
- Route documents/videos to appropriate HMSA staff and executives
for review and approval.
- Coordinate all change requests from HMSA management with
- Ensure final product is delivered in the correct format.
- Resolve any issues raised by HMSA management with the vendor in
a timely manner.
- Update all current, on-air schedules to ensure station delivery
within negotiated agreement and/or to respond to any new problems
or opportunities that may develop (e.g., coordination of scheduling
- Work with account executives and stations to traffic out all
instructions for media.
- Track pre-empts daily and work with stations to recover lost
leads due to pre-empts.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as
assigned or directed.
- Manages special projects as needed.
Keywords: HMSA, Honolulu , Marketing Specialist and Media Buyer, Advertising , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!