Teachers Aide - Kaneohe
Company: Kama'aina Kids
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Location: 45-520 Keaahala Rd, Kaneohe, HI 96744
Position Summary: Plan and carry out daily program and activities
for a group of preschool age children
Supervises: Not applicable
Schedule: Full Time
Essential Job Functions (fundamental Teacher Assistant I
- Support a learning Center environment.
- Help with appropriate daily activities for children.
- Maintain a safe and healthy nurturing environment for
- Establish a safe and healthy nurturing environment for
- Supervise children for safety.
- Arrange classroom daily and prior to Fall and Summer
- Change diapers and/or wet or soiled clothing.
- Keep the environment clean and orderly; bend and pick up toys,
wipe tables and chairs, etc.
- Attend staff meetings, school programs, In/Service Training.
Secondary Job Functions (tasks that can be delegated):
- Fill out injury reports.
- Answer the telephone and record messages according to company
format. Additional Responsibilities (expected of all staff):
- Relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
- Greet parents cheerfully.
- Greet children individually, warmly, and cheerfully.
- Give loving personal attention to children when they need it;
comfort crying, dry tears, wipe noses, give hugs and
- Be conscious of cleanliness of children; soiled clothing must
be changed, children's hands and faces kept clean.
- Report all sign of illness, injury or possible abuse and
unusual behavior to the Center Director.
- Use group management and discipline that is positive,
consistent, and appropriate.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward children, parents, and
- Communicate with children, parents, coworkers, and
- Work cooperatively with Director and other staff towards
maintaining a quality program for children. Personal Demands of the
- Emotional maturity and stability.
- Emotional stamina to work positively with young children for
the length of scheduled workday.
- Mental stability; patient, flexible, sense of humor, positive,
consistent, dependable, cooperative.
- Sufficient security and judgment to handle crisis
- Able to take supervision and correction constructively.
- Able to positively supervise aides and other personnel when
- Clean personal hygiene. Physical Demands of the Position:
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, crawling, sitting on low chairs
or on the floor.
- Lifting children weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting furniture.
- Detecting unsafe situations by sight or sound.
- Moving quickly to intervene in unsafe situations. Position
Content This job description is not intended to be and should not
be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities,
skills, or working conditions associated with the position. While
it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and
requirements, management reserves the right to modify; add or
remove duties and assign other duties as necessary to meet the
needs of the children, the program and the Center. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Clear a local and national criminal background check.
- Clear an employment history check.
- Free of TB.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current First Aid certification. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
(other helpful qualification or experience):
- Hold a current CPR certificate. #CB
Keywords: Kama'aina Kids, Honolulu , Teachers Aide - Kaneohe, Education / Teaching , Kaneohe, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!