Infant Toddler Lead Teacher - Hawaii Kai
Company: Kama'aina Kids
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Position: Infant Toddler Lead Teacher
Location: 5919 Kalanionaole Hwy. Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Position Summary: Plan and carry out daily program and activities
for a group of infant/toddler age children
Responsible to: Center Director, Preschool Division Director,
Kama'aina Kids President
Supervises: May work with and supervise an assistant teacher or
Essential Job Functions (fundamental teacher responsibilities):
- Establish and maintain developmental appropriate environment
that supports the growth and development of children.
- Plan and conduct developmentally appropriate daily activities
- Turn in written lesson plans according to schedule
- Observe record and report significant individual and group
- Be responsible for written communication to parents; notes,
newsletters, end of year written report on children. Conduct Parent
and Teacher conferences.
- Establish a safe and healthy nurturing environment for
- Supervise children by sight and sound at all times.
- Attend staff meetings, school programs, In Service
- Display teaching excellence for other staff; role model, share
professional and technical information
- Establish/follow feeding schedules and procedures for infants
and others as needed. Secondary Job Functions (tasks that can be
- Assist with or write up lesson plans.
- Write communications to parents; notes, newsletters, yearend
- Fill out injury reports.
- Set up classroom daily
- Change diapers and/or wet or soiled clothing.
- Keep the environment clean and orderly; bend and pick up toys,
wipe tables and chairs, etc.
- Answer the telephone and record messages according to format.
Additional Responsibilities (expected of all staff):
- Relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
- Greet parents cheerfully.
- Greet children individually, warmly and cheerfully.
- Give caring personal attention to children when they need it;
comfort crying, dry tears, wipe noses, give hugs and
- Be conscious of cleanliness of children; soiled clothing must
be changed, children's hands and faces kept clean.
- Report all sign of illness, injury, unusual behavior or
possible abuse to the Center Director.
- Use group management and discipline that is positive,
appropriate and consistent.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward children, parents and
- Communicate with children, parents, coworkers and
- Work cooperatively with Director and other staff towards
maintaining a quality program for children. Personal Demands of the
- Emotional maturity and stability.
- Emotional stamina to work positively with young children for
the length of scheduled workday.
- Mental stability; patient, flexible, sense of humor, positive,
consistent, dependable, cooperative.
- Sufficient security and judgment to handle crisis
- Able to take supervision and correction constructively.
- Able to positively supervise aides and other personnel when
- Clean personal hygiene Physical Demands of the Position:
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, crawling, and sitting on low
chairs or on the floor.
- Lifting children weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting furniture.
- Detecting unsafe situations by sight or sound.
- Moving quickly to intervene in unsafe situations. Position
Content: This job description is not intended to be and should not
be constructed as an all inclusive list of all the
responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the
position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position
activities and requirements, management reserves the right to
modify; add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary
to meet the needs of the children, the program and the Center.
Qualifications Clear a local and national criminal background
- Clear an employment history check.
- Free of TB
- At least 18 years of age.
- Medical Statement of Good Health
- Must meet State of Hawaii Requirement as a Lead Caregiver
(Registry) Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in ECE, Child Development, or related field.
Other options are 2 years of college (60) credits preferably in
ECE, Child Development or related field or CDA and high school
- 12 credits approved in ECE or Child Development training
courses. (May be part of 30 hours course work in Infant and Toddler
development from and accredited teacher training institute/
- WithB.A.; 12 months of full time experience working with
children under 36 months in a licensed group care setting
- With B.A.; 24 months full time experience working with children
under 5 years in licensed group care setting of which 12 months
must be with children under 36 months. Preferred Qualifications
(other helpful qualifications):
- Hold a current First Aid/Pediatric CPR Training certificate.
Keywords: Kama'aina Kids, Honolulu , Infant Toddler Lead Teacher - Hawaii Kai, Education / Teaching , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!