Teachers Aide - Moanalua
Company: Kama'aina Kids
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Location: 4857 Bougainville Dr, Honolulu, HI 96818
Position Summary: Plan and carry out daily program and activities
for a group of preschool children
Schedule: Part-time Monday-Friday
Kama'aina Kids: Kama'aina Kids is a private, non-profit,
multi-service organization dedicated to serving children and their
families through quality childcare programs.
Dare to dream, it's never too late to start doing what makes you
happy! - At Kama'aina Kids we teach ABC's, colors, number, shapes,
and days. Sing songs, rhyme, and put on fingerplays. Each day is
different, a challenge will be sure to come your way, when it comes
to tiny humans you never know what they will say. It is this that
keeps us on our toes, whilst combing hair or even wiping a nose.
Your hard work pays off when milestones are achieved, all that time
helped a little one believe. And when you feel unsure, we just want
you to know, Kama'aina Kids has got your back, we help your little
ones grow. When you join Kama'aina Kids Ohana you can expect:
- To be a difference in the lives of young children and their
- To be supported with a work/life balance and a minimum 50%
- To be nurtured in your professional growth through training,
meetings, one on one support, and financial assistance.
- To be part of our community enriched culture, where laughter,
fun and creativity is encouraged. Kama'aina Kids Benefits:
(Benefits vary based on hours worked)
- $100 New Hire Bonus
- Competitive Pay Rates ($13 per hour)
- College Tuition Reimbursement ($1000 per semester)
- Student Loan Assistance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Comprehensive Training (Community First Aid, CPR/AED
- Health Insurance (Plus vision and dental)
- Pet Insurance
- Childcare Discounts (50-75% discount)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Birthday Holiday Essential Job Functions:
- Support a learning Center environment.
- Help with appropriate daily activities for children.
- Maintain a safe and healthy nurturing environment for
- Establish a safe and healthy nurturing environment for
- Supervise children for safety.
- Arrange classroom daily and prior to Fall and Summer
- Change diapers and/or wet or soiled clothing.
- Keep the environment clean and orderly; bend and pick up toys,
wipe tables and chairs, etc.
- Attend staff meetings, school programs, In/Service Training.
Fill out injury reports.
- Answer the telephone and record messages according to company
format. Additional Responsibilities (expected of all staff):
- Relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
- Greet parents cheerfully.
- Greet children individually, warmly, and cheerfully.
- Give loving personal attention to children when they need it;
comfort crying, dry tears, wipe noses, give hugs and
- Be conscious of cleanliness of children; soiled clothing must
be changed, children's hands and faces kept clean.
- Report all sign of illness, injury or possible abuse and
unusual behavior to the Center Director.
- Use group management and discipline that is positive,
consistent, and appropriate.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward children, parents, and
- Communicate with children, parents, coworkers, and
- Work cooperatively with Director and other staff towards
maintaining a quality program for children. Qualifications:
Candidates must pass required state and company background checks
and meet state and company minimum education.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current First Aid & CRP/AED Certification (Qualified Training
- No prior experience required; all training is provided. Learn
more! https://kkcareers.com https://www.facebook.com/kamaainakids
Keywords: Kama'aina Kids, Honolulu , Teachers Aide - Moanalua, Education / Teaching , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!