Engineering Technician II
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:The Defense Group at Leidos has an
opening for an Engineering Technician II. The successful candidate
will be a Member of the Towed System Intermediate Maintenance
Activity (TS IMA) team in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. This site provides
direct fleet support with towed acoustic systems installed on
submarines and surface ships, including 24/7/365 worldwide casualty
assistance (CASREP) support.Responsibilities:Engineering Technician
will be responsible for conducting towed array module physical
inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and
ship board installation of towed bodies while working pier side, in
all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment. Travel
overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required. This
position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to
meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional
requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other
Towed System IMAs in order to meet US Navy operational schedules.
Selected applicant will receive on the job training and is expected
to qualify as a Towed Systems IMA technician. Selected applicant
must be able to interact with Navy, Government and civilian support
contractors. For advancement consideration within the IMA program
(when positions become available), the selected candidate must be a
qualified Pier-Side Supervisor in accordance with Personnel
Qualification Standard (PQS) requirements. Candidate must be
capable of performing assigned work with minimum supervision.Basic
- High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate and 1
year work related experience in electrical/electronic systems.
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment and
operation of various hand held power tools.
- Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions
and operate a forklift as part of assigned duties.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security
clearance at the Secret level.
- Must obtain a minimum of an interim Secret prior to
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.Preferred
- Active DOD secret clearance.
- Experience in operating and troubleshooting any of the
following equipment is desirable: AN/BQQ- 5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1,
AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, AN/BQQ-10 (ARCI), OK-276,
OA-9070/9070A/9070B/9070E, OK-410 or OK-542/A.
- Graduate of a Navy Instructor Training course is
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 or later and
Microsoft Office 2013 or later.Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Honolulu , Engineering Technician II, Engineering , Waipahu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!