Sr. Project Engineer
Company: Nan, Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
PRIMARY FUNCTION:Under general direction, plans, schedules,
assigns, and reviews the work of field engineering activities; able
to independently identify and perform the engineering activities of
the onsite construction project. - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the total
project engineering functions of contract administration and
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the
engineering work of assigned staff including project engineers;
-manage and direct staff members and the construction, operations,
or maintenance activities at project site; -evaluates and trains
staff in work procedures and jobsite engineering functions.
- Monitor operations and activities of the engineering function;
recommends improvements and modifications and prepares various
reports on operations and activities; recommends and assists in the
implementation of goals and objectives of engineering works.
- Independently identifies and performs required engineering
- Assist the Project Manager in the buyout process including the
preparation of Subcontract Agreements and major Purchase
- Draft and issue Subcontracts in cooperation/conjunction with
the Estimating Department.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or
program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and
- Reviews construction plans to verify for conformance with
contract and specifications in connection with engineering
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure
conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation
- Investigates field problems affecting the project in connection
with engineering aspect of construction.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor
to determine project feasibility; -identifies subcontract change
orders including evaluation of scopes and pricing. -
- Coordinates and tracks contractually required testing and
inspection of engineering works; -soil test or materials to
determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete,
asphalt, or steel.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or
material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial
photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or
establish reference points, grades, or elevations to guide
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with Project Manager
and/or Superintendent to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency
of the operations and activities.
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in the analysis
and selection of the forming systems, selection and placement of
major equipment, and any cost analysis, as required, to determine
selection of systems and equipment.
- Does what is necessary to make sure that the Superintendent has
what they need when they need it (including material, information,
approval, permits, subcontracts, purchase orders,
- Assist the Superintendent and/or Project Manager in generating
the CPM schedule.
- Supervise subcontract field work to insure compliance with the
contract documents and compliance with the project schedule.
- Prepare change proposals and participate in cost negotiations
with Owner, Architect, and Consultants.
- Process change orders to Subcontractors and suppliers.
- Attend meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions.
- Perform additional assignments per Superintendent and/or
Project Manager's direction.QUALIFICATIONS: Educational and
experience requirements include: -4-year degree in Engineering,
Architecture, or Construction Management or equivalent technical
training and related experience. -Must have a minimum of 6 years
construction engineering experience; advanced scheduling experience
is desirable. -Advanced knowledge of construction engineering
technology codes, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding
of the interdependence and relationship between other functional
units required. -Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
plus demonstrated ability to supervise and manage a team of varied
disciplines. -Registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred.
Driver's License required.
Keywords: Nan, Inc., Honolulu , Sr. Project Engineer, Engineering , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!