Virtualization Engineer - Intermediate
Company: Marathon TS
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Marathon TS is looking for a Virtualization Engineer -
Intermediate to support a government customer located in Honolulu,
- Data Center (DC) Operations: Support the customer's mission to
consolidate Theater Enterprise Services at the DCs. This enterprise
initiative establishes four (with the possibility of reduction to
two) DCs at key locations within USARPAC to provide such support as
consolidated applications for users across the theater, data
warehousing, remote end-user IT services, and disaster recovery.
All servers that provide an enterprise function will be
consolidated at DCs or the installation level (bandwidth dependent)
and placed in a server protected by an enterprise
- Manage capacity and performance
- Control access and manage user accounts, passwords, and virtual
local area networks (VLAN).
- Perform daily backups, implement system upgrades, and provide
CM on all APC system and network devices.
- Manage and monitor trouble tickets daily.
- Maintain and expand the cluster management and SAN technologies
implemented in the DC to meet the evolving missions and
requirements for DODIN-A PACIFIC.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive knowledge and minimum 2 years of experience in
enterprise level virtualization infrastructure, including VMWare,
storage, fiber channel/iSCSI, clustering and high
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Windows, and
data communications and network skills in complex virtual server
environments that leverage large storage area networks, enterprise
backup systems, and virtualization technologies/systems.
- Experience to continuously monitor, optimize, and improve the
services of an enterprise virtualization infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network architecture and
- Knowledge and understanding of the associated IA principles and
framework applied to ensure information assurance and security of
- Enterprise System administration experience on Microsoft
Windows platform and, an understanding of a wide array of server
grade applications to include Active Directory, Lotus Notes,
Windows DNS, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, SAN/NAS, SCCM/SCOM, Patch
Management, and LDAP.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Must meet at least one baseline certification under the IAT III
position category per DoD 8570.01-M.
- CISSP, CASP, CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, or GCIH
- Must be able to complete the Government's current Vulnerability
Management System (VMS) Computer Based Training (CBT) within 4
weeks of work start.
- VMware Certified Professional; or a MCSA: Windows Server 2012
computing environment certification is beneficial, but not
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Minimum Secret clearance; must be TS eligible based on
investigation type (T5).
Marathon TS is committed to the development of a creative, diverse
and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal
employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at Marathon TS will be based on merit,
qualifications, and abilities. Marathon TS does not discriminate
against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic
protected by law (referred to as "protected status ").
Keywords: Marathon TS, Honolulu , Virtualization Engineer - Intermediate, Engineering , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!