Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job SummaryAvantor is looking for a network and wireless
engineer to join an innovative team of solutions engineers and
architects. This individual will function as a subject matter
expert (SME) and will be expected to make technical decisions on
data networks supporting critical services. The SME is expected to
configure, document, and troubleshoot wired and wireless network
components for applications, media workflows, and game related
services. The SME must have a strong technical background, with
experience in the development of high-performance networks, wired
and wireless. A successful SME will be a self-starter with an
ownership attitude and excellent communication skills that is able
to work within a team that delivers cutting edge solutions on tight
- Responsible for the installation, operation, administration,
and maintenance of wired and wireless networks at corporate offices
and stadiums. This position will take an accountable role for the
wireless networks and a supporting role for the wired networks
working with a team of engineers.
- Responds to technical escalations for wired and wireless
service issues, working with product support teams, IT staff and
business groups to ensure resolution.
- Sets standards and monitors the performance and status of the
wireless and network systems. Implements tools and automation to
accomplish this responsibility.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining network diagrams,
configurations, support, and training documentation.
- Able to provide reports for network KPIs to show service
levels, capacity analysis, performance, troubleshooting, and areas
for improvement in network infrastructure.
- Remains on the cutting edge by studying state-of-the-art
wireless technologies, participating in educational opportunities;
reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks;
participating in professional organizations.
- Experienced technologist able to understand complexities and
interdependencies in infrastructure through to the applications and
- Provide technical support to various activities and internal
infrastructure within the company.
- Assist in the research, design and documentation for upgrades
and adoption of new network technologies.
- Responsible for effectively engaging with IT project management
and reporting project status.
- Protects intellectual property and operations by keeping
- Establish and adhere to set project plans and release
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
directedQUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
military service, or a related field with strong technical
- 4 - 5 years relevant experience, including hands on wireless
implementation and lifecycle maintenance.
- Advanced degree of knowledge of network hardware (Cisco
preferred) including controllers, access points (indoor and
outdoor), routers, and switches.
- Knowledge of wireless network technologies including Wi-Fi,
CDMA, GSM, WCDMA, LTE, DAS.
- Understanding of RF transmissions & antenna behavior.
- Knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine for wireless guest
access and end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience in network best practices, security
principles and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated expertise with Wi-Fi analyzers, wireless survey
software, and test equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, planning, and
implementation of wireless systems
- Solid understanding on networking protocols, including TCP/IP,
UDP, DHCP, ARP, DNS, NAT, STP, HTTP, TCP, IPSEC, GRE, etc.)
- Understanding of networking concepts and principles, including
but not limited to routing both static/dynamic (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, &
BGP) and multi-layer switching (standard and private VLANs, VTP,
Spanning Tree, etc.)
- Understanding of network packet analysis via tools such as
- Ability to research new network technology and evaluate its
- Experience in troubleshooting networking device drivers and
client system issues.
- Experience in troubleshooting video and voice performance over
wired and wireless networks preferred.
- Experience with IOT, sensors, wireless automated devices
- Prefer CCNA, CCNP. Radio Frequency (RF) certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to draw, update and document infrastructure topologies
in detail using MS Visio, Excel, and Word.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND
ABILITIESKnowledge: 3-5 years hands on Cisco network
wireless/WAN/LAN/SD-WAN experience.Skills: Wireless Surveys and
Planning, troubleshooting complex network issues, project
assignments & deploymentsDISCLAIMER:The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned
to this position.Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer.EEO Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative
Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious
creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected
Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded
to from this email address.For more information about equal
employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal
Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster
Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using
the links below.3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting
candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted
for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply
with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Honolulu , Network Engineer, Engineering , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...