Company: Loomis US
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Service and repair of all fleet vehicles. Salary: $22 to $32/hr
based on experience. Essential Job Functions:
- Perform preventive maintenance (lube, oil change, replace
belts, hoses, inspect brakes, repack bearings, check tires, on all
size vehicles. Must perform per month.
- Diagnose and effectively repair mechanical, engine and
electrical irregularities/malfunctions on all size vehicles.
- Drive automatic and standard shift vehicles for testing,
transfer, and pick-up/delivery of parts.
- Perform inventory and order parts, supplies, as needed.
- Required operational knowledge of diesel equipment and tools
normally associated with the troubleshooting and repairs of
gasoline and diesel truck equipment.
- Knowledge of International diesel medium-duty trucks as well as
Ford gas and diesel engines is preferred.
- Must be able to accurately perform preventive maintenance to
fleet vehicles, have the ability to identify component failures,
worn or damaged parts, diagnose and troubleshoot vehicle systems,
and produce quality repairs.
- Ability to read and understand technical service manuals,
repair orders, labels, and gauges.
- Must possess a valid driver's license (C or better) and meet
qualifications as outlined in section 391 of the Federal Motor
Carrier Safety regulations.
- Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat, lift
(up to 50 lbs.), push, pull, climb, and lie on back in a horizontal
position for prolonged periods of time.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems as well as
web-based maintenance tracking software.
- Ability to communicate verbally using telephone for ordering
parts and supplies as need.
- Ability to hoist any size vehicle with lift device (vehicle
jack) using foot and arm pumping motion.
- Work is performed in a semi-enclosed structure and outdoors.
Environment involves chemical handling, gasoline/diesel fumes and
intermittent high noise exposure.
- Full-time schedule consists of a minimum 40-hour work
- Must meet DOT standards to achieve brake and annual inspection
certifications. A minimum of 1 year experience or a certificate
from an approved training program.
- Basic hand tools required.
- ASE or manufacture certification is a plus.
Benefits: Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employees
benefit packages in the industry, which includes:
- Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Basic Life Insurance Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Industry leading Training and Development With a network of
nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management
centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout
financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis
prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career
advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company's
managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in
the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be
challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for
decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the
drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status
Keywords: Loomis US, Honolulu , Fleet Mechanic, Engineering , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...