Senior AV/VTC Engineer
Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: May 24, 2023
SummarySenior AV/VTC EngineerFort Shafter, HIAre you ready to
enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving
business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional
development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so,
Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be
the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large
scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology
and take your career to the next level!Chenega Analytic Business
Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers
with trusted insights into Records and Information Management,
Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and
Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers,
CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the
federal IT and Training environment.The Senior AV/VTC Engineer
shall be responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting,
installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating,
removing, upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment
- Serve as a team lead for the onsite engineering personnel and
customer liaison on
- Provide life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC
infrastructure and AV equipment build-out
- Provide support and services in the AV Engineering Team
supporting a DoD organization with video-teleconferencing
- Conduct site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment
- Provide on-site support primarily at customer site locations
and provide occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or
- Resolve system operational problems by troubleshooting and
- Repair, replace, or reprogram faulty equipment, as
- Perform setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns
of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
- Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces,
and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Act as equipment custodian and perform inventory asset
management and accountability functions.
- Responsible for the generation of and compliance with customer
organization and contractual recurring daily, weekly, and monthly
reporting requirements, non-recurring, and special reports.
- Develop and implement metrics capture processes and procedures,
quality control and assurance processes and procedures, and perform
other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrate proficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail for
- Complete annual company and customer training
- Record labor hours daily.
- Travel CONUS and/or OCONUS up to 10% as required.
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- BA/BS in the information technology field.
- The degree can be substituted for a total of 12+ years of
relevant work experience.
- 6+ years of current experience performance in designing,
installing, and configuring enterprise desktop VTC
- COMPTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ certification required.
- Certification, knowledge, and experience in AMX, Crestron, or
Extron control systems.
- Must have senior experience of knowledge configuring,
maintaining, and sustaining Extron, Crestron, AMX, and Cisco UC/VTC
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- TS/SCI clearance is required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to apply Security Technical Implementation Guides
(STIG) requirements on UC technologies.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Intelligence Agency
(DIA) TTPs, Defense (DoD), and DISA VTC requirements.
- Must be able to resolve basic and advanced troubleshooting on
Cisco UC technologies.
- Knowledge of AV/VTC sessions, call managers, scheduling, and
AV/VTC services with outside agencies for executive-level
- Ability to perform duties in the DoD classified and
unclassified environments, including the use of KIV-7 encryption
keys for ISDN/IP classified connectivity.
- Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP,
SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP, content control protocols, video compression
standards, packet analyzers, routing protocols, and networking
fundamentals, Tandberg, Polycom, and Cisco video and voice
- Full working knowledge of commercial construction methods, like
ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering,
electrical wiring, and cable/fiber installation.
- Familiar with AR 25-1 and DoD PAM 25-91.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager/Cisco
Meeting Serve Technologies Operations and Maintenance.
- Experience with multi-security classified and unclassified IP
- Senior experience with networking, LAN/WAN, and
Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) cabling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word,
Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network routing and switching.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages: C+,
C++ or C#, Visual Basic, or HTML.
- Experience with the industry's audio Digital Signal Processors
- Knowledge of wireless technologies.
- Experience with DITSCAP/8500.2 IA controls desired.
- Understanding of PKI
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings
and conferences as requested.
- Must have the ability to communicate with others effectively
both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based
- Ability to establish priorities and meet established
- Maintain a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Possess strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel CONUS and/or OCONUS up to 10% as required.How
you'll growAt Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan
focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career
to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every
day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe
there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen
skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global,
fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences
to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of
opportunities to continue to grow throughout their
careers.BenefitsAt Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a
great organization. We value our team members and offer them a
broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega
MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's cultureOur positive and
supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best
work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their
uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices
that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We
offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to
maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy
lives.Corporate citizenshipChenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make
an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends
to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our
communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and
transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism,
and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our
communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega
MIOS News- Tips from your Talent Acquisition teamWe want job
seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared
and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you
review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - Glassdoor -
LinkedIn - Facebook - #Chenega Analytic Business Solutions,
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Honolulu , Senior AV/VTC Engineer, Engineering , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...