Company: U.S. Vets - Human Resources
Posted on: October 19, 2020
This position reports directly to the COO or designee and is
responsible for the coordination and supervision of all services
and programs at the site. The main function of these programs is to
assist homeless veterans and their families to achieve their
highest level of independence and successfully transition to and
maintain permanent housing.
- Develop a therapeutic milieu in accordance with the U.S.VETS
Mission and Philosophy.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with
community partners to include the Veterans Administration, the
local Continuum of Care, housing facilities, landlords, donors,
funders, and agencies and programs to successfully deliver services
to veteran clients and their families.
- Supervises Program Team in delivery of services, which include
but are not limited to: outreach, community service, workstations,
transportation, client appointments, weekly class schedule,
toxicology testing, housing maintenance oversight, room
inspections, and daily community meetings.
- Collaborates with Clinical Director to provide and oversee
clinical services through crisis intervention, counseling, case
management, home visits, life skills classes, client
grievance/dispute resolution, outreach, etc.
- Supervises Workforce Coordinator in performance of workforce
development and job readiness for clients, supervises performance
goal outcomes, and provides updates to Clinical and Executive
- Oversees Food Service Operations to include client food service
workers, meal orders, and meal count tracking.
- Supervises and provides oversight for facility maintenance and
leasing in collaboration with property management
- Facilitates regular meetings with program staff and monitors
program goals and objectives to report to Executive Director and
- Maintains overall organizational integrity within the site and
compliance with all federal and other regulations to include
oversight of client care guidelines and ensuring that legal
requirements are met.
- Ensures all Program Department inventory is properly procured,
received, documented, and accurately maintained to include
oversight of company-owned vehicles and adequate emergency food and
- Participates in weekly Clinical/Program Conference Calls
facilitated by National Office designee.
- Develops and updates client forms, policies, and curriculum as
- Conducts internal audits of client charts and databases to
ensure compliance with regulations to include those related to the
Homeless Information Management System.
- Assists with fiscal management and budget tracking to include
approving program revenue and expenses, compiling required
documentation, and submitting timely expense reports.
- Assists with administration of payroll by reviewing time sheets
for accuracy and ensuring timely submission.
- Coordinates special projects as identified by Executive
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Social Work, Public
Administration, Non-Profit Management, or related field
- Minimum of four years' experience in program management, staff
supervision, program development, and budget management as related
- Leadership and Conflict Management skills essential.
- Experience working with veterans, homeless individuals,
disabled individuals, and/or families in need and culturally
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups
of individuals, to include clients, staff, and community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include
public speaking and ability to represent organization in the
- Demonstrated personal and financial integrity in the workplace
and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and within team-approach
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization
whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and
their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career
development and comprehensive support.
Keywords: U.S. Vets - Human Resources, Honolulu , Program Director, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!