SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Company: Hitachi Vantara Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior
Project Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The
successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of
tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail
solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance,
digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries
across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is
to contribute to society through the continuous development of
superior rail transport solutions.
- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required
contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of project activities
to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing
requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Manages and
reviews the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to
maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget
- Leads the team to achieve all cost and schedule objectives
while keeping alert to possible problem areas and takes
preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for
each phase of the project.
- Provides and presents project status reviews to client.
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work
claims for the client.
- Will be the primary contact and required to maintain a strong
- A critical component to ensuring the project is performed to
the standard safety and quality assurance requirements for the
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position
as may be appropriate. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Previous Project Management experience
- Experience working in mass transit industry projects
- Working knowledge of safety and security, buy America
regulations, train control systems, passenger vehicles,
communication systems, communication systems, traction
electrification systems, operation & maintenance of rail
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skills Desired Skills/
- A minimum of seven years of project management experience
- Previous Project Management experience working on rail industry
- Experience in the following areas of project management:
Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis,
change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and
contract negotiation. Education:
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information
Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical
Languages: English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package
including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance,
Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible
Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a
number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of
Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those
under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse
environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page
Keywords: Hitachi Vantara Corporation, Honolulu , SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!