Area Director of Sales and Marketing
Company: Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Dynamic Sales and Marketing Guru to Lead and Support our Sales
Team!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Feb 17, 2021 Summary Sightline Hospitality
is looking for an Area Director of Sales and Marketing to oversee
the Sales function Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach and support the Hawaii
Sales teams. Our unique and thoughtfully designed collection of
boutique hotels, spas, and restaurants offer remarkable experiences
across the United States. Through warm, welcoming and genuine
service, our staff creates memorable lodging, dining and wellness
for our guests. We pride ourselves on a collaborative workplace
whose foundation is our staff, our guests and our communities. The
success of our business begins and ends with you! This position
will be responsible for overseeing all functions of the Sales
department including directing, training and supervising the Sales
Managers, Catering Manager(s) and Sales & Catering Coordinators in
all sales-related activities and utilize strategic thinking to
maintain and develop business from all markets to meet or exceed
occupancy, revenue and ADR goals. Previous experience in the
Hawaiian Island market preferred. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the daily sales operation of Hyatt Place Waikiki
- Manage the Domestic/International Wholesale market for Hyatt
Place Waikiki Beach.
- High level of engagement with BRAND Sales Executive's, GSO's
and Marketing teams.
- Participation in Brand initiatives to drive revenue for
- Support the General Manager in the overall sales, revenue
management and strategic direction of the hotel.
- Proficient in maximizing all sales lead sources, sales
automation technology, and sales industry tools.
- Efficient engagement with contracted agencies and vendors that
provide support to the hotels over- arching strategies.
- Maintains good customer relations by ensuring quality of
service and atmosphere; resolve customer complaints.
- Attend monthly Owners Meetings/calls to review past results and
- Develop, initiate and manage strategic direction of hotel
marketing, advertising, sales plans, customer events and programs
within approved plans and budgets to maximize hotel revenue.
- Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through review
of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform
diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all
- Ability to articulate action plans, strategies and objectives
to owners, corporate team and hotel EC, effectively.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and banquet sales
activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Effectively set sales revenue and sales activity goals, with
clear expectations and a high level of accountability of
- Uphold the Company's core values and provide exceptional guest
service at all times.
- Coordinate and/or participate in industry tradeshows and sales
calls as specified in annual marketing plan.
- Adhere to hotel and corporate sales standard operating
procedure as well as all Sightline Hospitality rules, regulations,
and codes set forth in the handbook.
- Point person in Hawaii for Sightline SVP of S&M achieve
hotel sales goals and objectives.
- Support of DOS/DOSM' at other Sightline Hotels in Hawaii to
adhere to Sightline Hospitality SOP's and drive sales revenue to
meet hotel budget and RevPar goals.
- Participation in preparation and attendance on all owners calls
and strategy meetings for Hawaii hotels.
- Prepare and assist DOSM's in the preparation, presentation and
subsequent achievement of the hotel Marketing & Sales Plan, Top
Line Budget and S&M Expense Budget
- Responsible for sourcing and contracting airline crew
opportunities for all Hawaii hotels.
- Prepare all on-property, corporate and owner reports accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Hawaii DOSM's complete and send monthly corporate
reports so SVP of S&M by established deadlines.
- Proven ability to solicit and support sales team in soliciting
and booking new and repeat business.
- Conduct site inspections and familiarization tours to maximize
revenue for the hotel as needed.
- Communicate with front office in order to coordinate and
monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs.
- Actively participate in problem solving with all departments as
related to the Sales function for the hotel.
- Actively participate and engage with local hospitality
community, convention and tourism bureaus, Chambers of Commerce,
hotel/lodging associations, competitors and civic leaders to
monitor the local market, industry trends, local activities and
events, labor trends to establish a cooperative working
relationships and business opportunities for hotel.
- Attend and actively participate in ongoing training as
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information
into hotels sales automation system.
- High level of sales associate engagement; one on one support,
recognition and team building.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise presentations with needed
data and commentary to support revenue performance, revenue
forecast and future strategies.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as
- Embrace the comprehensive safety initiatives and all hotel
- Follow all emergency procedures set by Hotel. --REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree or 10 years previous hotel DOSM experience
- Brand and Independent hotel experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple
- Self-starter, motivated and goal focused
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in Delphi.fdc, Envision and Microsoft
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Strong media, presentation and computer skills
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include
evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary for the success of
- Must be able to travel at least quarterly for sales calls.
- Proven ability in driving sales revenue DESIRED
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well
with co-workers and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to train staff and customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Patience and tact required to accommodate customer needs, and
resolve occasional difficult situations.
- High quality standards for production and service.
- Ability to effectively manage staff to maintain a high level of
morale and productivity.
- Ability to work to deadlines. ESSENIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Must be able to travel approximately six to eight weeks each
- Must be flexible to work long, sometimes irregular hours, to
accommodate client schedules.
- Must be able to work well under pressure. BENEFITS:--
- Competitive Bonus Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Free Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Parking and Time Off benefits
- Employee discount for stays at hotels within Sightline
Hospitality's expanding portfolio This position is at a location
where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals
working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that
is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this
location. ASPAC Regional Office - Gateway - Hong Kong , 91 , CN
Grand Hyatt at SFO - San Francisco , CA , US Our family is always
growing. Want to be in the know?
Keywords: Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Honolulu , Area Director of Sales and Marketing, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!