Clinical Nutrition Manager
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Good nutrition is
vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether
you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services
professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health
through good nutrition when you join our team. Clinical Nutrition
Oversees, develops, coordinates, and promotes clinical nutrition
services and food service operations for hospitalized patients and
Skilled Care Facility residents. Plans, develops, and implements
clinical and nutritional standards, protocols, policies,
procedures, goals and objectives. Coordinates department competency
assessment program. Plans and implements performance improvement
programs and quality monitors. Serves on committees as appropriate
and collaborates with relevant departments. Conducts nutrition
assessment, planning follow-up care and counseling for hospital
patients. Develops nutrition education materials and programs.
Supervises assigned staff.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and oversees inpatient and
skilled care facility food and clinical nutrition services. Ensures
high quality food and nutrition services for hospitalized and
Skilled Care Facility patients.
- Manages computerized diet office system. Oversees upkeep of
database. Coordinates upgrades. Conducts staff user training.
Troubleshoots and rectifies system problems. Enters data into
competency tracking system for department.
- Establishes and updates enteral nutrition formulary for adult,
pediatric and infant formulas. Oversees purchasing, stocking and
sale of formulas.
- Coordinates competency assessment program for department.
Assists in updating core competency performance criteria and plans
annual focused competencies.
- Schedules dietitian and nutrition assistant staff. Conducts
regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Develops, implements, monitors, updates and prioritizes
policies, procedures, goals, and objectives. Establishes standards
and procedures for nutrition screening, nutrition assessment and
follow-up care of patients.
- Collaborates with relevant departments in establishment of
nutrition care standards, protocols and services. Attends and
participates in departmental and organization committees and
quality management teams.
- Assists with forecasting, reviewing, analyzing and recommending
budget for patient food services. Monitors patient food and
personnel costs to ensure cost-effective operations.
- Collaborates with FNS management team to develop, implement,
and improve patient nutrition programs. Oversees development,
evaluation and revision of patient menus and standardized recipes.
Establishes and monitors specifications for effective quality
- Plans, implements and evaluates performance improvement
programs and audits to ensure provision of quality patient food and
- Establishes and monitors standards and procedures for patient
care, food production, food service, sanitation, safety and
security to ensure provision of quality food and nutrition services
and compliance with regulatory agencies. Integrates professional
standards of care into practice.
- Conducts nutrition assessments. Develops and implements
nutrition plan of care. Evaluates and provides follow-up nutrition
- Documents nutrition assessment, plan, recommendations and
follow-up care in patient's medical record.
- Provides consultation to medical team in prescription of diets,
nutritional assessments and enteral and parenteral feedings.
Counsels patients and family members on diet and lifestyle
modifications. Adapts plans to accommodate patient's goals,
- Hires, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and
terminates assigned staff as appropriate.
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities,
and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical dietitian experience in
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, dietetics, or nutritional
- Accredited Dietetic Internship (DI) by the American Dietetic
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Registered Dietitian (RD) by the American Dietetic
- Basic life support for the health care professional or CPR/AED
for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Current ServSafe certification or other food handler's
education certification recognized by the American National
- Knowledge of regulatory agency dietary requirements and
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change
management, decision making, customer service, interpersonal
relations, oral communication, problem solving and written
- Budget forecasting and analysis experience.
- Master's degree in nutrition or dietetics.
- State of Hawaii Licensed Dietitian (LD). Primary Location:
Hawaii,Honolulu,Moanalua Ancillary Building Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours
Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 04:30 PM Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union
Affiliation: NUE-HI-01-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Manager
with Direct Reports Job Category: Nutrition / Food Services
Department: Moanalua Medical Center - Nutritional Svcs-I/P - 1201
Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Our Events Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at
an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing
you! Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate
to your interests.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Honolulu , Clinical Nutrition Manager, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!