Manager, IT Security
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Are you a motivated, enthusiastic individual looking to make a
difference in our community? Do you want to enhance your career in
a dynamic work environment? Join Hawaii Gas and grow with a company
that's been an institution in the islands for over 100 years and
one that is committed to the state's clean energy future.--Hawaii
Gas has a variety of opportunities: If you smell gas or suspect an
emergency situation, leave the area immediately, call 9-1-1 and
then Hawaii Gas . Hawaii Gas - Career and Employment Information -
Manager, IT Security in Honolulu, Hawaii - Careers at Kamakee Skip
to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Manager, IT
Security Job Locations US-HI-Honolulu - US-HI-Honolulu Posted Date
2 days ago (2/23/2021 9:54 PM) Job ID 2021-5782 # of Openings 1
Category Information Technology Location Topa Financial Overview
The Manager, IT Security, reports to the CIO and is responsible for
leading, designing, documenting and maintaining security operations
management, measurement and reporting activities as required for
the successful establishment of Security and Privacy. This role
will be required to maintain a strong knowledge of emerging
security technologies and to provide input to the CIO --and
Executive Leadership Team.-- Business stakeholders will rely on
this role regarding management and instruction of continuous
improvement opportunities. Expertise in leading project teams and
developing and managing projects is essential for success in this
role.-- Responsibilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS /RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage applications related to cybersecurity including but not
limited to --Mimecast and Rapid7 .
- Create programs designed to increase cybersecurity awareness
within the company such as phishing campaigns and-- annual
cybersecurity training programs.
- Manage the IT Change Management program in accordance with
standard ITSM concepts .
- Prepare and deliver --reports to management on the status of
employee training and the-- health of the IT environment as they
relate to cybersecurity.
- Recommend improvements to process and equipment to increase
- Stay abreast of current cybersecurity threats --both general
and industry specific.
- Create and maintain relationships in the local community with
organizations-- dedicated to cybersecurity.
- Manage investigations of-- cybersecurity incidents and
coordinate external resources when required.
- Develop metrics for ongoing performance measurement and
- Participate as necessary in projects and operational--
evolutions to provide cybersecurity oversight and advice. OTHER
FUNCTIONS /RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Complies with all safety rules and cooperates in the fullest in
the promotion of safety and safe work habits, to include the
reporting of any unsafe conditions or acts. Maintains all EH&S
training on a current basis.
- Complies with all applicable MIC and Hawaii Gas policies and
- Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a clean,--
orderly, --and safe manner; performs housekeeping duties as
required and/or instructed. Works in a safe and responsible
- Performs all other related duties as instructed by
- May be required to partici pate in project planning and other--
high level --tasks not directly related to the job description .
Qualifications Required --Education-- and/or --Work Experience: 4
year --college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Management --and 2-3 years of demonstrated focus on cybersecurity
functions. Preferred Education-- and/or --Work Experience : 4 year
--college degree and-- 5-7 --years of directly related experience .
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
CISSP --or equivalent Cybersecurity certifications. Preferred
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation : ITIL V3
certification .-- Communication/ Competency /Skill
- Flexible and adaptable to changes within the
- Able to steward themselves in a professional-- and courteous--
manner to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Able to communicate professionally, courteously, and
effectively utilizing standards means of communication within the
workplace (i.e., verbal , written , e-mail, phone, text,
- Strong experience-based technical knowledge with scoping,
designing and implementing of large scale, complex and
multi-technology projects; including but not limited to Security
Operations Center, Vulnerability Management and Penetration
Testing, Firewall Rules Reviews, Mobile Device Management,--
EndPoint --Hardening Controls, Secure Email Protection, Network
Infrastructure, Network Access Controls (NAC), Web Filtering, DLP
- Experience with security risk management, incident response,
threat analysis, security auditing, security monitoring and other
information security practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the
ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with information
technology professionals, senior management, auditors and
- Strong customer-interaction skills.
- Documentation and presentation skills, analytical and critical
thinking skills, and the ability to identify needs and take
initiative are key requirement of this role.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity with the ability
to professionally handle confidential matters, while exhibiting the
appropriate level of judgment and decision making commensurate with
the position and its responsibilities.
- Experience managing and motivating multiple direct reports (in
remote locations a plus).
- Detailed oriented with ability to prioritize projects and
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a
team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project
priorities while under pressure.
- Experience with Microsoft, Linux and / or with other Unix-based
operating systems is a plus.
- Telecommunications experience is a plus.
- PC Skills
- Effective written and verbal communication with peers,
management, and c-suite level leadership
- Ability to present to executive audiences . Working
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.--
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. We are
proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer We
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
testing Qualified applications with criminal history will be
considered for employment Options Apply for this job Apply Share
Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Honolulu , Manager, IT Security, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!