Guest Services Manager (OEM
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Should you require assistance with applying online please visit
Application FAQs . Guest Services Manager (OEM) in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Careers at Park Shore Waikiki Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?
Log back in! Guest Services Manager (OEM) Requisition ID 2021-12885
Category Front Office Operations Job Location US-HI-Honolulu
Property Park Shore Waikiki Highgate Hotels Highgate is a leading
real estate investment and hospitality management company widely
recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the
dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York,
Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean
and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company
provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle,
from planning and development through recapitalization or
disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse
portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and
independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and
digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue
management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving
market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value.
With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced
hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and
Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location Located directly across from
the famed Waikiki Beach, Park Shore Waikiki boasts spectacular
unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean and Diamond Head.--The
hotel's prime location places guests steps from--Hawaii's most
popular beach, world-class dining, shopping and entertainment -
including the Honolulu Zoo and Kapiolani Park.--
Employment Status Full-Time Overview The Guest Services Manager
(OEM) is responsible for assisting the Guest Relations Manager
while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all
guests, including successfully resolving guest complaints, prior to
arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue
and occupancy. Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and
efficient hospitality at the Front Desk, Pool and Front Drive.
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in
an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training
of Guest Services personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Fully comprehend and operate all aspects of the Front Office
computer system, including software maintenance, report generation
and analysis, and simple programming.
- Assist Guest Relations Manager in ensuring that employees are
following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones,
callbacks to guests, guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as
- Be able to perform, completed and ensure that all tasks and
duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through property
approved upsell system.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with
fellow employees and third party employees.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Perform check-ins and checkouts; confirm that all SOP's are
being followed properly.
- Train new employees, help to develop and implement training
- Maintain log of rooms in "out of order" status.
- Authorize and sign adjustments and paid outs over the
- Oversee discrepancy report and monitor follow-through.
- Work closely with housekeeping regarding daily operations.
- Work closely with third party companies to help deliver
seamless and enjoyable guest experiences.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently
- Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees, including third party employees are, at
all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all
guests, managers and other employees.
- Ensure team understands and remains focused on their role in
contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Assist with sign off of all Service Standards by Position for
Guest Services staff.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Review Front Office log books and Guest Request log on a daily
- Monitor all appropriate service delivery systems.
- Block rooms for special groups, arrivals, airline crew
- Participate in Room Inspection programs.
- Assist in training and cross training of new hires, current
employees on a regular basis. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field recommended.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable
- Expected work week of 47.5 hours
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Resolve guest complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in MOD coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary. Options
Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend
Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this
moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your
newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Honolulu , Guest Services Manager (OEM, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!