Director of Global Exchange Academy
Company: Hawai'i Association Of Independent Schools
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Working in partnership with the Vice President of Academic
Affairs and the Director of Kupu Hou Academy, the GlobalX Director
will be responsible for the overall vision, leadership,
development, and execution of GlobalX programs . This position
requires creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, and a clear
understanding of the purpose and function of distance education
programs within the evolving education landscape.-- The successful
candidate will have a proven record in strategic curriculum
planning and new program development and administration of
campus-based and virtual education programs, including experience
overseeing market research and needs assessment, utilization of
varied instructional methodologies, program development, funding,
marketing, and evaluation. The candidate must also have the ability
to effectively communicate with different constituencies inside and
outside Mid-Pacific Institute, and work collaboratively in team
settings. A firm belief in deeper learning principles and
progressive school leadership will further equip the director to
succeed in building a fiscally and organizationally sustainable
extended learning program.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and futurist mindset with a keen eye for
- Significant experience cultivating relationships and building
networks across a broad spectrum of communities and people.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate
using multiple mediums and reach across multiple networks in the
U.S., Asia, and the Pacific.
- Ability to simultaneously manage immediate, short-term,
medium-term, and long-term tasks.
- Experience managing multifaceted programs or projects, ideally
in an education setting.
- Detail-oriented approach to work with the ability to see,
influence, and implement both the immediate and long-term goals of
- Ability to make decisions in high-stress situations and
- Exemplary written, oral, and educational technology
- Experience designing, funding, and implementing a new program
or large scale project in an education setting.
- 5-7 years of experience as a teacher leader or educational
- 3-5 years of experience with blended or virtual learning.
- Former practice rooted in deeper learning philosophy and
leadership that illustrates systems thinking mindset.
- Awareness of opportunities for program development and
expansion locally, nationally and globally and willingness to serve
as a spokesperson for deeper learning and progressive education
- Empathetic, communicative, and team-based leadership style with
a bias towards action.
- Ability to weave emerging ideas from outside sectors into the
field of education.
- Capacity to balance thought leadership with idea/program
- Experience creating and designing accessible tools for
educators. Interested candidates can submit their application on
our career center HERE . Education: 4 Year Degree
Non-discriminatory Statement: Mid-Pacific Institute provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, marital status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Hawai'i Association of Independent Schools
Keywords: Hawai'i Association Of Independent Schools, Honolulu , Director of Global Exchange Academy, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!