Chief Engineer (Facilities Management)
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Available - YesJOB SUMMARY Manages all
engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the
building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention
towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for
managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative
maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining
regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all
facility issues. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical
training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing. OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and
Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years
experience in the engineering and maintenance or related
professional area; technical training in
HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Property
Operations and Engineering Budgets
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment,
refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness,
efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies,
standards and procedures.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
- Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in
order to determine the type of work required. Recommend or arrange
for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations,
and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating
preventative maintenance programs. Providing Exceptional Customer
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying
excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for
guest relations. Managing Profitability
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives,
awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions
of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service
- Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and
property emergency procedures.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed
according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and
LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
consistently. Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity
employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Honolulu , Chief Engineer (Facilities Management), Executive , Kapolei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!