Senior Director of Operations
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Sr. Director of Operations
has primary responsibility and oversight of a portfolio of
properties and directly coordinates the financial, tactical, and
strategic management of the assigned portfolio. This position may
work from a home office, or office out of one of our properties or
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as Hunt's liaison with Community Directors and the
Director of Operations in the portfolio to ensure best business
practices and profitability for the company.
- Serve as operations subject matter expert, participates in
corporate initiatives, development/enhancement of policies and
procedures, and in strategic planning with our government
- Supports the Director of operations and performs if necessary
all tasks typically associated with managing staff such as,
recruit, hire, train, coach, evaluate and discipline up to and
including termination of direct reports.
- Work as operational liaison between Executive Management and
- Leads operations by directing and coordinating activities
consistent with established goals, objectives, practices, and
policies of the company.
- Implement Hunt Operational Programs to ensure sustainability of
- Work with Director of Operations to improve processes and
management methods to generate above budgeted NOI.
- Work with Community Director and Director of Operations in the
development of Annual Business Plans.
- Provide mentoring and empower sites to operate
- Assist with oversight and confirm Capital Projects are being
completed in accordance with the approved budget.
- Oversee the annual operating and capital budgets process, as
well as sustainment planning
- Participate in all property reporting requirements, both
internal and external (i.e. DoD reports, Hunt board reports, Lender
- Report on the progress of all assigned projects. Act as liaison
between on-site management; Asset Manager(s) and upper management
and communicate effectively with management when problems or
- Ensure compliance with the requirements and provisions outlined
in the associated PPV legal documents.
- Helps to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws
applicable to project.
- Ensure property management leaderships follows up and ensures
that all resident requests or complaints are resolved in a timely,
efficient, and courteous manner.
- Provide professional representation to command, housing,
government, and other external parties and maintains an open line
of communication with the local and other Government entities as
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Approve invoices for payment and processing and review/approve
- as necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and perform to financial
goals (i.e., income, expenses, and budgets).
- Review, analyze and understand financial statements and
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Property
Management, or other related fields
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO) certification or
Accredited Residential Management (ARM) certification highly
- Have ten or more years' experience in the property management
field; experience in managing Military Housing highly
- Have five or more years' experience managing other employees
with direct responsibility for hire, fire, coaching and developing
- Strong experience developing and managing operational
- Demonstrated ability to create support and buy-in from staff,
vendors, management, and other partners.
- Leadership and personnel development skills and the ability to
present at a high level.
- Management ability to direct, guide, motivate, and develop
- Ability to prioritize for self and others, strong
- Ability to identify problems and organize efficient solutions,
analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's licenses
Keywords: Hunt, Honolulu , Senior Director of Operations, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!