Operations Manager-Hazardous Waste
Company: Clean Earth
Location: Pearl City
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste management
companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal,
recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil,
dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast
portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every
industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure,
commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
If you're in our industry, you know us already. You know that Clean
Earth is a leading provider of sweeping environmental services and
that we're now part of Harsco, a global leader in the environmental
industry with 13,000 employees around the world. We have the
muscle, determination, resources and the strategies to continue our
growth. Join us on this journey! You'll enjoy a small company feel
with the security and benefits that come with Harsco Corporation
The Facility Manager is responsible for the day to day operations
of the entire 10-day facility with full P&L responsibility to
include, ensuring safety and compliance 100%. This role acts as the
leader of the facility and drives growth.
- Maintain positive relations with all State Regulatory
- Be a major participant in any RCRA modifications.
- Manage the daily details of the 10-day facility.
- Provide leadership and management of the existing staff and
earn their respect.
- Assure facility follows OSHA and all other governing
- Manage the facility inbound and outbound waste program.
- Develop and implement bulking and consolidation programs for
competitiveness and profitability of the facility as needed.
- Visit our vendors and review their operations, familiarizing
yourself with their capabilities.
- Make sure the facility operates in a customer-focused
- Manage the improvements and growth of the facility within the
constraints of CAPEX Budget.
- Prioritize the needs of the facility and make recommendations
- Ensure Health and Safety practices are followed and provide
ongoing education to the staff to ensure safe operations.
- Be responsible for all costs and profitability of the
- Be an ambassador for the company, both internally and
externally by defining and promoting the company's position, image
- Build confidence and pride in the company, both internally and
- Increase the perceived and actual worth of the company by
advancing ideas on growth, cost reductions, vendor replacement and
- Encourage brainstorming and creative approaches to enhance the
company's growth, worth and profitability.
- Create the most cost effective/efficient facility structure in
- Handle any potential corporate discussions with employees on
the company's strategic vision and growth with unison, optimism and
- Be the Facility leader and assume total responsibility.
- Empower your employees and manage their growth.
- Adapt well to the constant changes and help drive the change
- Complete month end waste and supply inventories.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health or
- 5+ years of experience in the hazardous waste industry.
- Three or more years managing an operations team.
- Demonstrates effective management skills including leadership
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as
it relates to the transportation and processing of waste.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience managing a cost center or P&L
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to provide guidance to individuals and groups towards
the accomplishment of meaningful goals that support business goals;
ensure safety; build on strengths; provide encouragement and
- Ability to concentrate on tasks at hand, even in distracting
- Ability to be straight forward, candid while setting a
professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect;
maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to make sound and thorough decisions after reviewing
the facts, incorporating perspectives of others, applying technical
knowledge, past experience, and incorporating company policy.
- Ability to identify problems as they occur; follow rules,
guidelines, and procedures to resolve problems and make
- Ability to manage own time, activities, and resources. Identify
specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in
order of importance, and coordinate and take action to achieve
desired results. Prioritize multiple activities and projects.
- Ability to use multiple systems and software while performing
- Experience managing field services and/or transportation.
- Facility health and safety awareness and knowledge.
- Experience or knowledge of TSDF and 10 Day operations.
- Environmental background (knowledge of DOT, OSHA, , etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of applicable regulations and codes, as
they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of
- Must be computer literate.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Able to work with and influence employees, managers, leaders,
vendors and community stakeholders.
- Able to manage within an established budget as well as strong
knowledge of budgetary processes, P&L statements, asset
management, and project management.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Creative thinker with ability to consider "out of the box"
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental,
vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first
day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee
discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco
Clean Earth's website because a disability prevents you from using
the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate
application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your
name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will
arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your
application together with all other applications received for the
job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No
other inquiries will receive a response.
Keywords: Clean Earth, Honolulu , Operations Manager-Hazardous Waste, Executive , Pearl City, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!