Executive Assistant to the President's Council
Company: Brigham Young University Hawaii
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job location: BYUHawaii Employment Type: Full-time Posted data:
2021-12-30 Req: R0016734 If you currently have a job on campus,
please use the .ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMember of
Presidents Council Support Team (40%) This person will act as the
lead in ensuring that the administrative support needs for each
assigned Presidents Council are met. As such, this person will
maintain an up-to-date understanding of the administrative needs of
each assigned PC member to both effectively fill these needs
independently and accurately represent needs to the Presidents
Council Support Team.Responsibilities also include -
- Assist assigned Presidents Council members with managing annual
department budget. Reconcile transactions monthly and carefully
monitor budgets for potential overages. Also assists department
managers to reconcile their area budgets each month.
- Greet and screen visitors and incoming calls. Assess and
manages difficult situations and routes inquiries and/or concerns
to the appropriate individuals.
- Assist assigned Presidents Council members with their duties
(e.g., organizing and executing department and other campus
committee meetings; maintaining network of resources to assist with
day-to-day office duties).
- Provide support to assigned Presidents Council Members for
Workday, PeopleSoft, the Microsoft Suite (including Microsoft Teams
and Outlook calendaring), and other software solutions. Maintain
proficiency in all office business programs and assist department
personnel as needed.
- Manages inventory of office/miscellaneous supplies of assigned
Presidents Council Members. Process transfer of funds between
departments and ensures items are reordered as needed.
- Other responsibilities as given by assigned Presidents Council
MembersMember of Special Event Coordinating Team (30%) Under the
direction of the Chief of Staff, this person will lead and/or
assist in the management of assigned special events.
Responsibilities may include
- Plans, implements, and assesses events and the programming of
special events as part of the Special Event Coordinating team.
- Manages student teams in development, implementation, and
assessment of special events with emphasis on student professional
development and growth.
- Manages purchasing and maintaining of equipment and supplies
needed for events.
- Establishes vision and purpose of each event in collaboration
with Chief of Staff and associated planning committees
- Strategically plans for risks and liability issues related to
eventsMember of Guest Relations and Hosting Team (20%) As an
extension of the university presidents office, this person will
assist the Chief of Staff in managing the guest experience for
high-ranking, influential visitors to BYUHawaiis campus, including
international royalty and other dignitaries, Church leaders, and
government officials from around the world. Thus, this person will
assist the Chief of Staff with the following responsibilities -
- Manage hosting requests for VIP guests to campus. Arrange for
airline travel, ground transportation, lodging and create complex
itineraries to detail all aspects of each visit.
- Organize all campus transport details for entourage, including
serving as a personal escort, when needed. Coordinate security,
including pre-visit walk-through and sweeps, as necessary.
- Coordinate the involvement of appropriate university personnel
who will enrich the guest experience and facilitate university and
- Works with Special Events Coordinating Team to ensure protocol
is followed for seating assignments, as well as dietary preference
of special guests (e.g., ethnic, and personal culinary preferences,
religious restrictions, etc.).
- Provide all BYUHawaii guests with a positive experience before,
during, and after their campus visit.
- Provide professional and engaging guest management services
based on the appropriate protocol and university objectives.
- Consult with and assist colleges and departments with event and
hosting needs to ensure event success and university
- Brief Chief of Staff and PC as needed on visiting groups and
- Creates and delivers welcome baskets for university guests when
appropriate. These responsibilities may be in conjunction with or
independent of special events. Other assignments (10%)
- Hiring and training of department students. Organize and
participate in applicant interviews. Complete hiring process with
university and train new student employees to support efforts as
- Serve on university committees as assigned.
- Emphasizes student personal growth and development; trains
students in customer service, event planning practices, financial
process, university and department policies and procedures or other
applicable training; establishes culture that help in all around
development of the students.* More information may be requested as
you progress through the recruiting process.
Keywords: Brigham Young University Hawaii, Honolulu , Executive Assistant to the President's Council, Executive , Laie, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!