Guest Relations Manager
Company: Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets
including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu.
Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio
of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding
$10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company
provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality
property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity
and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry
leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and
predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the
company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major
hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New
York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The Ambassador Hotel is located in the heart of Waikiki, on the
south shore of Honolulu. The hotel is a comfortable home away from
home, where our friendly staff and warm service perfectly capture
the 'Spirit of Aloha'. Enjoy our spacious accommodations with all
of the amenities of home. The Ambassador Hotel Waikiki offers 311
spacious guest rooms accommodations with all of the amenities of
The Guest Relations Manager is responsible for ensuring the
operation of the Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed
Services/Transportation in an attentive, friendly, efficient and
courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior
to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations,
comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest Services
personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Carry a cell phone at all times.
- Prepare and conduct all Guest Services interviews and follow
hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house
daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll
budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
- Maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders,
vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast
are completed on a timely basis according to Highgate Hotel
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned
checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front
Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Guest
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping,
Reservations and the Credit Manager.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing
to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
Keywords: Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, Honolulu , Guest Relations Manager, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!