AREA DIRECTOR OF ASIA GROUP SALES
Company: Hawaii Growth - Highgate Hotels
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Area Director of Asia Group Sales is responsible for planning
the strategy (with the Area Director of Asia Sales & Strategy) for
all group related functions from Asia. This includes, but is not
limited to the direction, coordination of all sales-related
activities, goal setting, account management, direct sales efforts,
follow-up, and proper sales administration. This position will also
be responsible for booking Association and Incentive business from
- Assist the Area Director of Asia Sales & Strategy in the
supervision and administration of all activities of the Asia Sales
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of each
Highgate hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services,
Finance and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOPs,
and assist the Area Director of Asia Sales & Strategy in ensuring
knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the Asia Sales
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed booking goals for each Highgate hotel in the Asia
group market segment
- Assist the Area Director of Asia Sales & Strategy in the
operation of the Asia Sales Department within established sales
- Must excel at providing leadership and guidance to hotel GMs to
plot the group sales strategy at each property
- Must be able to create unique products to put to market to allow
each hotel to find its place in the group market
- Must be able to find effective marketing solutions for launch of
new products. This includes but is not limited to brochure,
pamphlets, advertising, social media and partner marketing
- Must be able to travel for work to Japan several times a year and
Korea and China as needed
- Must be able to effectively handle the unique group needs of each
property within a growing portfolio of Highgate Hotels in Hawaii
that currently include Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, Aston
Waikiki Beach Hotel, Park Shore Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki
Beach, Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach, Ambassador Hotel
Waikiki, Pearl Hotel Waikiki and Royal Lahaina Resort
- Must be able to effectively work with Catering & Convention
Services leadership to continually explore new ways to service
groups at the Highgate Hotels in Hawaii
- Proactively initiate and follow up on group leads.
- Strategize and brainstorm creative ways to increase group leads
in an ever-changing booking environment.
- Assist with coordination of group bookings to maximize
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation
- Attend the weekly staff meeting according to Highgate Hotel
- Responsible for the administration of training in the sales
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely
- Administer weekly sales meetings according to Highgate Hotel
- Assist occasionally with non-group transient sales activities and
catering solicitations to maximize overall profits.
- Conduct all employee/manager Performance Appraisals according to
Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline the Sales Team according
to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within
your market and ensure the Sales Team is held accountable for those
accounts within their territory.
- Responsible for the hiring and development of Sales Department
employees and managers.
- Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling
techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily
Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Area Director of Asia
Sales & Strategy as received to ensure that any problems are
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspections of Highgate
hotels with clients, exhibiting key features and beneficial to the
property, and ensure that all Ops teams are aware of the necessary
- Assist in developing strategies to increase share from
competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being
- Use your property's computerized sales management system to
manage the hotel's business, including but not limited to
generating reports, entering business, blocking space, and building
- Monitor the Sales incentive plans and ensure that Sales staff can
explain their potential earnings and benefits, and assist in
ensuring that incentives are processed and paid according to the
specified time period for each plan.
- Ensure self and team members are planning and executing sales
trips as outlined in quarterly Key Result Areas (KRAs) and in the
Sales budget, including preplanning, setting appointments and
executing sales calls.
- Assist in preparation of complete and accurate end-of-month
reports, according to Highgate Hotel SOP. Explain the components of
the end-of-month report and analyze the report with the VP of Sales
& Marketing . Assist in ensuring that Sales Managers can explain
the importance and components of the report.
- Prepare the annual budget with Area Director of Asia Sales &
- Prepare the annual Marketing Plan with Area Director of Asia
Sales & Strategy
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Attend all-employee meetings and any other functions required by
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in
community and professional associations, activities and events.
- React to negative trends in the market place by implementing
strategic sales activities and promotions.
Keywords: Hawaii Growth - Highgate Hotels, Honolulu , AREA DIRECTOR OF ASIA GROUP SALES, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!