Nurse Case Manager (RN)
Company: Navian Hawaii
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionMore than a nursing job, this is a position with
a higher purpose - where you impact people's lives on a personal,
human level. As a Navian Hawaii hospice nurse, you will guide
patients and their family on their journey, delivering comfort and
support with a caring heart, replacing fear with hope, helping them
find the beauty and joy in every moment, and providing each person
with the kindness and dignity they deserve.Position Summary:We are
currently seeking a Nurse Case Manager to serve our patients by
utilizing principles of palliative care and holistic philosophy to
provide care that reflect skilled nursing judgement, medical
necessity, measurable patient caregiver objectives and reasonable
goals. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works with the physician and the Interdisciplinary Team to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care for patients
and their caregivers.
- The Nurse Case Manager's plans reflect skilled nursing
judgment, medical necessity, measurable patient/caregiver
objectives and reasonable goals.
- Provides case management services to best benefit patients and
- Care provided reflects compliance with federal and state
- Document all nursing and case management activities in
accordance with hospice protocol and keeps attending physician
informed of changes in patient condition.
- Functions as primary nurse within the framework of an
- Demonstrates good judgment in seeking and accepting guidance;
facilitates clear and honest communication with other team
- Travels (on-island) as required for patient/family care.
- Other duties as assigned/required by the Patient Care Manager
or Director of Clinical OperationsKnowledge and Skills
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in planning and
- Skilled in providing nursing care to patients and their
families. Ability to identify and provide for the psychosocial
needs of caregivers in concert with the other members of the
- Good physical and emotional health.
- Valid driver's license and use of personal, insured, registered
vehicle meeting Hawaii safety standards.
- Ability to set priorities, research, problem-solve and make
independent decisions with minimal supervision by using logic to
identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality
solutions within the scope of the job.
- Must be able to multi-task with the ability to meet multiple
deadlines and possess strong organizational, planning and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as
the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with
all levels of individuals.Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- At least one year of experience in a healthcare or
- At least two years' experience as a staff nurse in a hospital.
Hospice and/or home health nursing experience preferred.
- A Current Hawaii license, in good standing, as a Registered
- Must have a current CPR certificateEmployment Requirements:All
offers are contingent on a candidate's successful completion of the
- A legally compliant background check
- Drug Screen & Physical Exam
- COVID Vaccination
- TB Clearance
- Providing copies of valid Vehicle information such as auto
insurance, inspection, and registrationWhy Navian Hawaii?
- Consistent M-F schedule so weekends belong to you
- Team-oriented, locally run nonprofit where every voice is
- Competitive pay with an excellent benefits package
- Flexible organization that supports positive work/life
balanceJob Type: Full-time
Keywords: Navian Hawaii, Honolulu , Nurse Case Manager (RN), Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!