Guest Experience Manager - Cultural Activities
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com. Location This
645-room hotel is perfectly located on Honolulu's famous Kalakaua
Avenue, where it is just steps to the beach and an arm's reach to
the -best dining, shopping, and entertainment in the area. Guests
can borrow the hotel's own towels and beach chairs to spend the day
by the sea, or choose to lay out by the hotel's pool with a
tropical drink from nearby -Tiki's Grill and Bar. -And for the
adventurous, the Aston Waikiki offers a on-site activities desk
ready to curate a number of fun experiences. Overview The Guest
Experience Manager - Cultural Activities is responsible for
monitoring and assisting in the quality of overall guest
experience, before, during and post stay. Maintain guest
satisfaction by tracking and responding to guest emails and
comments on social media and internal guest satisfaction index.
Coordinate and execute cultural activities and other experiences to
enhance the guest's stay. Responsibilities
- Respond to all guest concerns filtered through hotel
departments, social media, and guest satisfaction index either in
person, electronically or by phone. This includes all reviews that
come from the Medallia and social media outlets, as well as guest
emails and respective department inboxes.
- Monitor trends associated with service levels/guest complains.
Chart out possible trends in the hotel through utilization of
Medallia to work proactively with the department managers on
resolutions for top problems and trends in the hotel.
- Serve as a lobby ambassador to greet guests and assist them
with their needs. Be visible in the lobby whenever a line exists to
assist guests during their wait. Be present in the lobby during VIP
arrivals to meet, greet, and assist in any way to ensure a
memorable stay. Manager will keep the hotel manager informed of the
progress of lobby rotation duty.
- Perform front office administration duties as needed to include
compiling reports for management, and distributing the mail for
- Coordinate and execute cultural activities and other
experiences that will enhance the guest's experience.
- Management of VIP guests - pre, during and post stay.
- Creating and executing amenity program for guests.
- Working with the Sales and Catering departments to coordinate
functions, coverage for events and/or breakfast etc.
- Assist with front office operations which include front desk
and other operational departments.
- Work/communicate with managers or departments regarding guest
issues or other areas of concern. This includes but is not limited
to sharing TripAdvisor and Medallia comments at daily stand ups and
weekly staff meetings. It also includes working with department
heads on specific problems in their departments that are brought up
in surveys for quick resolution to the guest and preventive
measures for the future.
- Appropriately weigh all sides of a situation and fairly
compensate guests in a consistent fashion, when necessary. Utilize
full empowerment to ensure guests are happy pre-stay, during, and
- Attend departmental and morning meetings and take notes and
distribute to the operational team.
- Evaluate and respond to social media, online service channels
to enhance reputations and representation of the hotel. This
includes but is not limited to posting local current events with
pictures pre-event and post event to continue local interest, post
all promotions in the restaurant or rooms, posting all public
relation events such as charity events conducted by the hotel.
Social media should be posted daily alternating with all of the
subjects above so the followers obtain various information of
- Give recommendations for improvement and enhancement where
needed. This will entail analyzing the top three problems every
month with the hotel manager and department heads to come up with
root causes and action plans to improve. Most of this is compiled
from Medallia will also be analyzed into this data.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. Qualifications
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Previous guest service experience required.
- Able to read, write, and speak Japanese fluently is preferred,
but not mandatory.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required. Physical
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. General Requirements
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor and be an Ambassador of
Aloha Spirit at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written with all levels of employees, guests and third party
companies in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Able to approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Assist with manager on duty coverage when needed and perform
other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified
personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and
work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to
provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including
traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as
hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including
religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over),
genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical
condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including
language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license
issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code),
ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender
expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status,
parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status,
pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or
pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military
status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal,
state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to
all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state
and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for
qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., Honolulu , Guest Experience Manager - Cultural Activities, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!