Director of Asia Guest Services
Company: Highgate Hotels L.P.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The all-new, vibrant 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor
and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every
space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell
Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it's an oasis of tranquility
in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000
gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the
destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater
infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool
bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location
steps from Waikiki Beach, it's where Hawaii vacations turn moments
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili'uokalani, the
last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her
people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter
of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares
the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke'alohilani,
meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on
resorts in Waikiki. 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Director of Asia Guest Services is responsible for the quality
of the experience for our Asian market, including, but not limited
to, the oversight and managing of the Wonderclub guest experience,
check-in/out process of the Asian market, and overall cultural
connection to the Asian market. He/she has oversight of the process
and preparation of Asian wholesale and group arrivals and
departures to ensure overall satisfaction and loyalty to Highgate
- Acts as a liaison between Alohilani Resort and Japanese
customers, including tour operators, and escalated guest recovery
- Ensure that resort Associates complete established procedures
in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Wonderclub Lounge general operations and Asia
Guest Services lobby experience in partnership with Front Desk &
- Assists wholesaler partners and travel agents with complaints,
issues or concerns on behalf of their customers.
- Actively seeks opportunities and implements processes to
improve the experience for our Asian guests.
- Provides Japanese language support and translation for other
departments of the resort
- Prepares and delivers various guarantees with regards to room
inventory, room assignments, special request accommodations,
various F&B packages and coupons.
- Coordinates room blocks, room assignments, key issuances, meal
coupon arrangements, tour desk assignments for wholesale guests
including group tours
- Assists with the execution of the Asia Sales department special
requests, site inspections, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage, lead, coach and develop all Wonderclub & Asia Guest
- Ensure proper recruitment, hiring and training new
- Builds and manages the relationship with local Japan
- Maintain appropriate inventory of Wonderclub & AGS collateral
- Source and maintain vendor partnerships for increased
efficiency in execution
- Create LSOPs to that ensure consistent service to our Japan
market guests within Alohilani
- Ability to use computerized equipment and programs including
Opera, Synergy, ADP or other programs to provide administrative
support as required.
- Ensure proper knowledge of all packages and market trends
pertaining to the Asia market, and adjust operations
- Monitor trends associated with service levels/guest complaints,
primarily as they pertain to the Asia market. Chart out possible
trends in the hotel through utilization of Medallia to work
proactively with the department managers on resolutions for top
problems and trends in the hotel. - - -
- Serve as ambassador to greet guests in the JTB Wonderclub and
assist them with their needs. Be visible in the Asia Guest Services
reception area whenever a line exists to assist guests during their
wait. - Be present in the lobby during VIP arrivals to meet, greet,
and assist in any way to ensure a memorable stay. -
- Perform administration duties as needed to include compiling
reports for the Executive Office.
- Appropriately weigh all sides of a situation and fairly
compensate guests in a consistent fashion, when necessary. Utilize
full empowerment to ensure guests are happy pre-stay, during, and
post stay. -
- Attend departmental and morning meetings and take notes and
distribute to the operational team.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Office.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the resort:
- Support all operating management within the Rooms and Food &
- Provide other services as requested by the Executive Office and
Sales & Marketing.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Managerial experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Previous guest service experience required.
- Must be native level Japanese -- reading, writing, and
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor and be an Ambassador of
Aloha Spirit at all times.
- Must be native level Japanese fluency both verbally and written
(Japanese/English), with all levels of employees and guests in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Able to approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Attend all hotel and area required meetings and
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP's in the Front Office
and Food & Beverage areas.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure
that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and
ensure budgeted productivity.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Operations/Hotel
manager to prepare the Front Office annual budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs
and the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is
knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Involvement in the Lobby Ambassador coverage.
- Ensure overall associate satisfaction.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels L.P., Honolulu , Director of Asia Guest Services, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!