Assistant Director of Front Office
Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
This 645-room hotel is perfectly located on Honolulu's famous
Kalakaua Avenue, where it is just steps to the beach and an arm's
reach to the best dining, shopping, and entertainment in the area.
Guests can borrow the hotel's own towels and beach chairs to spend
the day by the sea, or choose to lay out by the hotel's pool with a
tropical drink from nearby Tiki's Grill and Bar. And for the
adventurous, the Aston Waikiki offers a on-site activities desk
ready to curate a number of fun experiences.
The Assistant Director of Front Office is responsible for ensuring
the operation of the Guest Service Managers (OEM), in an attentive,
friendly, efficient, and courteous manner, providing all guests
with quality service prior to and during their stay, while
maximizing room revenue and occupancy. This position will partner
with the our third-party vendors to ensure quality service is
provided throughout the entire hotel.
* Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations,
comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest
* Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest Services
Managers according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Carry a cell phone at all times.
* Prepare and conduct all Guest Services Managers interviews and
follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Develop team morale and ensure training of Guest Services
* Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house
daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
* Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
* Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
* Review Guest Services Managers' worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to Payroll on a timely basis.
* Prepare Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget
guidelines and productivity requirements.
* Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and
* Maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders,
vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
* Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast
are completed on a timely basis according to Highgate Hotel
* Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
* Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned
checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
* Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
* Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
* Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front
Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
* Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
* Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
* Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
* Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping,
Reservations and the Credit Manager.
* Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
* Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
* Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
* Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
* Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
* Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
* Establish and maintain key control system.
* Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel
* Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
* Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary
* Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by
* Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily
* Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as airline
mileage, V.I.P. programs, and the standards and procedures for
* Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with
documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts,
reports and tracking logs.
* Conduct meetings according to Highgate Hotel standards as
required by management.
* 2B & 3B - Block, Party - 6 months out
* 6 am: Increase hotel music volume
* AM Credit Limit Report - Follow up & upload to
* ASOV, ASPO, OFS, OFSK, HOV, HOVK - Block, Party - at least 5 days
* Departures - After 12N & no LCO, status w/ HSK
* Deposit Ledger - Refund deposits for cxld res w/ arrival today &
* Double check your upgrades in CIM to receive commission
* Fire Panel - Review procedures, how to activate microphone,
* Group arrivals - Check in PM, Prep key packets, Status rooms
* Guest Central Log - Update & Follow Up
* Guest Ledger - Run report, reconcile high balances (7+ days)
* JAL Arrivals, input names, prep keys, safe key, wake up calls
(Today & +1 Day)
* Mail - Sort, Log & Kipsu guests
* Open Folio/Open Balances - Check out folios, Follow up
* Past Stay Voicemail box - Check and Respond to guests
* Pool Furniture - Lined up, umbrellas all up/down
* Room Move Log - Update, Complete Moves
* Room quality inspection (1 per day)
* Rooms Mgmnt > HSK > Rm Discrepancies > C/O rooms with
HSK Status - VAC
* Run Trace Report and ensure traces are completed
* Set up pool furniture for iPoolside/Resortpass arrivals
* Synergy - Monitor calls, radio depts, close accordingly
* Tomorrow's Arrivals - Block, Party
* VCC Arrivals - Process deposits on Window 2 (Today & +1 Day)
* ZIP Arrivals, prep keys,
* Walk Property - Ensure it is immaculate - Input Synergy
* At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
* Supervisory experience required.
* Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and
* Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable state.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Light hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Honolulu , Assistant Director of Front Office, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!