Environmental Services Manager
Company: The Arcadia Family of Companies
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Environmental Services Manager
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Competitive pay and outstanding benefits, some of which
- Employer paid Medical, dental, vision, drug insurance, Group
Term Life and AD&D Insurance = Estimated Annual Value of $7,300
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with generous company contribution =
8.5% match after one year
- 11 Paid holidays, vacation (10+ Full Time), and sick leave
accrual up to 90 days
- FREE employee meals (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) with PAID
meal and break periods for employees working in our
- Education Assistance Program for qualified employees who want
to become CNAs
- Best practices, very safe engaging work environment for all,
and much more!
PurposeEnsures the delivery of building maintenance services by
maintaining the building and keeping its equipment operational by
managing the preventive maintenance for all building equipment.
Ensures the delivery of housekeeping, parking, security and
landscaping services that meet departmental and organizational
standards through supervision and guidance of respective
supervisors, leads and staff. The position is Monday to Friday from
7:00am to 3:00pm with occasional weekends as needed.
Manages the delivery of building maintenance services by
maintaining the building and keeping its equipment operational
through preventive maintenance for all building equipment which
includes, but is not limited to, the chiller, pumps, emergency
generator, med-gas system, diesel tank, air conditioning, boiler;
and oversees grounds maintenance and landscaping.
- Establishes and implements maintenance, apartment renovation,
housekeeping standards and procedures, and ensures they are being
- With the assistance of the ES Supervisor, manages schedules and
approves timecards for maintenance, housekeeping, security and
parking staff to ensure services are delivered in a timely,
accurate and professional manner, while meeting deadlines and
- Manages and maintains the electronic work order system.
- Works with the COO to trouble shoot all building maintenance
issues and projects and consults the Director of Safety and
Facilities Management as a resource.
- Records and manages inventory and invoices.
- Ensures Monthly Work Order and Compliance Reports are accurate
and distributed in a timely manner.
- Works in collaboration with department managers to schedule,
prioritize and oversee work orders.
- Performs quality assurance inspections for maintenance and
housekeeping to ensure departmental procedures are being followed
and quality service is being delivered.
- Coordinates and conducts monthly staff trainings and weekly
- Responds to building emergencies as they arise ensuring remote
and in-person problem resolution.
- Serves as the Incident Commander on the Incident Command team
for emergencies, pandemic response, and natural disasters.
- Provides COO with on-going communication updates on emergency
or urgent situations, department productivity, production
schedules, staff planning, building preventive maintenance and
renovation requirements, and housekeeping services.
- Coordinates recycling services with vendors and schedules
- Assists with responding to residents', visitors' and
- Responds to and documents departmental incidents, issues and
concerns, seeking guidance as needed to reach solutions.
- Manages project coordination to include requisitioning tools,
equipment and supplies.
- Performs the necessary duties for emergency situations such as
drills, fire, fire alarms, hurricanes, and other possible
emergencies as outlined in the All Hazards Handbook and the
Pandemic Response Handbook.
- Ensures compliance with all of the organization's policies and
procedures as well as state, city & county, and federal laws and
- Other duties as assigned by the Arcadia Family of
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesManages ES Supervisor (Security,
Parking & Housekeeping), Administrative Assistant, Maintenance
Technician Lead, Maintenance Technicians, and Landscapers. Carries
out managerial responsibilities in accordance with policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning,
directing work; training; addressing concerns and resolving
problems; performance management and evaluating performance.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and/or ExperienceAssociate's degree or equivalent from a
two-year College or technical school; or one to three years'
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
Certificates, Licenses, and RegistrationsMust maintain a current,
valid Hawaii's driver's license and clean driver's abstract.
- Communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
- Recognizes the need to speak carefully and professionally as a
representative of Arcadia Family of Companies (AFC.)
- Utilizes discretion and tact for sensitive and confidential
- Demonstrates sensitivity toward diversity.
- Engages and builds positive relationships with residents and
those outside AFC to achieve positive results for our
- Encourages people to work together.
- Accepts suggestions and constructive criticism to strengthen
capacity and understanding.Continuous Learning
- Continues to seek learning opportunities and integrates
knowledge into work practice and personal development; shares
knowledge willingly with others.
- Works with others to gain knowledge; learn from others'
experiences and expertise.
- Completes necessary training and education to ensure
- Performs Essential Functions and Required Competencies with
- Recognizes own personal and professional limitations and seeks
assistance as required.
- Identifies, organizes and prioritizes workload, tasks and
schedules. Disseminates information to appropriate parties.
- Independently conducts follow ups to ensure timely completion
- Understands and summarizes activities and actions into concise
- Recognizes situations that require tact, confidentiality or
- Insights on resources/contacts and attempt to broaden
- Acts as a resource person to all staff regarding AFC's policies
and procedures and strives for adherence.
- Uses standard office equipment, including a computer, monitor,
printer, telephone, facsimile machine, calculator, copier and
- Identifies and articulates subjects and issues. Provides
suggestions and recommendations that are realistic and practical
towards resolution or completion.
- Courteously and professionally works with staff and vendors to
- Analyzes problems and develops strategies for resolution
Computer SkillsProficiency in MS Office Suite, includes, MS Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk
or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to
stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; push and pull. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
Work EnvironmentWhile performing their essential functions,
employees are occasionally exposed to the following conditions:
- Air conditioned office environment;
- Indoors without air conditioning;
- Outdoors-all types of weather; and
- Hazardous materials.
The above information on this job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an
employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be available to individuals with disabilities.
Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information
in this description.
Please apply by clicking the "Apply" buttonIf you do not have a
resume or if your resume does not include all employment you have
held in the last 10 years, please complete and attach the
Employment History form (located at the bottom of the page) to your
application for employment. Please note that you must save the
document to your computer or device before you upload the file.
The Arcadia Family of Companies is comprised of the following
Arcadia Retirement Residence
Arcadia Adult Day Care and Day Health Center
Arcadia Home Health Services
Arcadia at Home
The Arcadia Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: The Arcadia Family of Companies, Honolulu , Environmental Services Manager, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!