Branch Manager - Credit Union
Company: University of Hawaii FCU
Posted on: August 3, 2022
We re excited to announce our new location coming soon at the
Kapolei Commons Shopping Mall and we are NOW HIRING friendly faces
with strong customer service skills, JOIN US!DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A
DIFFERENCE?Join a spirited, dynamic team with Hawai i s leading
credit union as we make a difference in our community - providing
financial value, exceptional service, and state-of-the-art
convenience to our members.Employee BenefitsIn addition to
competitive pay, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits
- Paid Employee Medical And Dental Insurance; UHFCU pays 100% Of
The Base Employee Coverage
- Medical and Dental Plan Premium Waiver Option
- Eleven (11) Company Paid Federal Holidays Plus Four (4) Company
Paid Personal Holidays
- Eligible to Earn Ten (10) Days Paid Vacation; Increases With
Years Of Service
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement With Employer Match And Profit Sharing
- Employee Loan Discount
- UHFCU Subsidizes 50% For Monthly Bus Pass
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Credit Union-Paid Benefits Such As Group Term Life With
AD&D Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance And Long Term
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal and External Professional Development
- And Many More! Position Title: Member Relationship Manager
Department: Kapolei Branch FLSA Classification: Exempt Reports to:
Vice President, Member Experience Position Purpose:Guide and manage
the branch office in providing quality service to members in
account transactions, loan applications, and new accounts. Solve
problems within established policies and guidelines. Responsible
for facilitating maximum performance of staff to meet department
and credit union goals and to promote full-service concepts.
Responsible for the security and safety in accordance with the
credit union s objectives. Responsible for attaining established
strategic goals through active participation in community to
enhance new and existing business opportunities. Essential
- Assist Senior Management in carrying out short- and long-range
plans, strategic plans, and credit union measurements.
- Recommend, implement, and supervise the budget for the
- Monitor branch operations to ensure a consistent, professional
- Assist staff or members in solving complex account problems,
create and maintain a cross-selling environment within the branch.
Train employees to maximize opportunities to sell products.
- Apply and evaluate policies and procedures for the branch.
Ensure that the branch is following federal laws and regulations
set forth by regulatory agencies. Ensure procedures are compliant
and internal controls are present.
- Monitor branch activity, including number of transactions,
volume, teller errors, loan volume, teller and personal sales, and
- Monitor key product and sales within branch to ensure
profitable and sound business practices and a high quality of
service for members.
- Conduct loan interviews. Process, approve and/or close
- Manage the security and safety of the branch. Analyze, monitor
and ensure staff is trained on security and safety policies and
procedures on an on-going basis. Ensure that staff receives
on-going training on robbery procedures.
- Select quality applicants for vacancies, ensuring that the
branch is adequately staffed with competent employees and ensure
efficient scheduling for branch operation.
- Evaluate the job performance of branch office staff to ensure
quality of work and service to members. Recommend salary increases
and promotions and applicable corrective actions.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, maintaining
effective employee relations.
- Performs other duties as required.Performance Standards:
- Plans effectively, anticipating issues, taking the initiative
to address issues, and developing innovative approaches to
- Consistently display timeliness in the management of
- Demonstrate professionalism by exercising sound judgment and
creativity and by representing the credit union in a positive
- Be a trusted source of clear and accurate information to the
branch staff and members.
- Reports completed as required.
- Specific goals and objectives for the branch are met in a
consistent and timely manner.
- Timely reporting to senior
management.Qualifications:Education/Certification: Four-year degree
or equivalent work experience.Must be registered with the
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System. Required Knowledge: Must be
proficient in MS Office Suite.Knowledge of all consumer lending
regulations. Thorough knowledge of member services and products
Knowledge of credit union loan services, policies, and
procedures.Understanding of lending standards and documentation
Experience Required: Minimum Six years prior experience in managing
full-service branch operations. Credit union industry experience a
plus. Skills/Abilities: Able to multi-task, work under pressure and
meet deadlines. Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment. Effective and clear
verbal and written communication skills. Excellent coaching and
mentoring skills. Excellent analytical, creative, and
problem-solving skills. Able to work independently and make sound
decisions. Valid driver s license and vehicle to travel. Notary
Public License.Signature Guarantee Certification.Activities and
Requirements of this Position:Repetitive Motion: Movements
frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands, and/or
fingers.Communication Skills: Must frequently convey detailed or
important instructions of ideas accurately and quickly.Visual
Abilities: Average visual acuity necessary to read, prepare and
inspect documents or products.Hearing: Able to hear average or
normal conversations and receive information.Physical Strength:
Sedentary work (sitting most of the time). Able to lift and carry
up to 25 lbs. Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense
understanding to carry-out detailed instructions and to deal
withproblems involving variables.Mathematics Ability: Able to
perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting,
multiplying, and dividing using acalculator.Language Ability: Able
to write complex sentences using normal word order with present and
past tenses, as well asa command of the English vocabulary. Working
Conditions:Air-conditioned, smoke-free office setting. Attendance
Requirements:Please note that scheduled attendance requirements may
change due to business needs.Business Hours:Monday through
Saturday. Business hours are subject to change. Must be able to
work additional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Keywords: University of Hawaii FCU, Honolulu , Branch Manager - Credit Union, Executive , Kapolei, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!