Program Manager - USARPAC/INDOPACOM (Mgr Programs 2) - 5994
Company: Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Requisition Number:5994 Required Travel: 11 - 25% Employment
Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt Hours Per Week:40 Security
Clearance:TS/SCI Level of Experience:Senior Employee Referral Bonus
Amount:[[filter10]] HII Who We AreThe Hawaii USARPAC/INDOPACOM
Manager of Programs, manages programs and personnel as assigned in
support of US Government customers and their activities within the
Indo-Pacific Theater. The Manager is responsible for managing
business goals and growth targets, developing assigned personnel,
serving as a primary point of contact of HII to assigned customers,
and directly contributes to the definition and implementation of
company strategy within the Indo-Pacific Theater. The successful
candidate will be an acknowledged expert in the geopolitical and
military operational issues facing operations within the
USINDOPACOM Area of Responsibility. The candidate will be
goal-oriented with a history of driving innovation and skillfully
working across organizations to build consensus and support. The
ideal candidate is drawn to opportunities and innovation, enjoys
teamwork, and regards critical thinking and problem solving as
fascinating and essential - and has a passion for winning. What you
should bring with you (Skills/Experience)
- Responsible for the profit and loss (P&L) of a complex
program(s). Responsible for providing program management oversight
to a single customer requiring coordination of program requirements
across planning stages with several subcontractors.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through
completion. Program may be based out of a single location utilizing
established technologies requiring standard application to provide
solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities,
leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost,
schedule, and technical performance.
- Develops new business or expands services with the
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans
and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions,
such as allocation of resources or changing contractual
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program.
- Ensure adequate and timely staffing of all programs/contracts
and professional development of all assigned personnel.
- Conduct individual performance assessments and successor
- Maintain close contact with customers, CORs and Contracting
Officers as required to make requisite and timely adjustments to
programs (managers, staff, priorities, and deliverables). Changes
in scope or funding will be coordinated with the appropriate HII
contract, subcontract, or finance representative.
- Lead people, programs while developingnew business
opportunities within the Indo-Pacific Theater in accordance with
assigned growth targets and ensure adequate preparation and
submission of winning proposals for re-compete work. Coordinate for
Business Development (BD), Capture and Proposal Personnel support
as required to win new or re-compete business. Be prepared to
assume critical roles on select opportunities in the BD Lifecycle
- Advise on corporate strategic and technology investment
planning in support of Indo-Pacific based customers.
- Conduct periodic Program Management Reviews, monthly program
variance assessments, and Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Work with all functional departments as required to ensure
continued customer satisfaction, compliance with corporate policies
and standards, and to maintain high ethical standards. What you
- 6 years relevant progressive experience with Bachelors in
related field; 4 years relevant progressive experience with Masters
in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 10 years
relevant progressive experience.
- Minimum of 6 years' operational experience in the Indo-Pacific
Theater; prefer Joint Specialty Officer and/or Joint/sub-unified
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to get along with others while working in a fast paced
collaborative team environment is essential. A leader that drives
successful results with and through others.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading an engaged,
diverse and inclusive culture. Bringing the best out of the
workforce - creating a culture of empowered employees who love to
come to work.
- Willingness to move to Hawaii if not already local to Fort
Shafter or Camp H.M. Smith Hawaii
- Clearance:Must possess and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Must obtain PMP certification within 6 months of start date.
Bonus Points for---
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years' defense industry experience.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years' leadership experience in the
Intelligence and/or ISR domain.
- Prefer strong government and industry relationships in the
- PMP certified This opportunity resides with Intelligence,
Surveillance and Reconnaissance, a business group within Mission
Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. From
towers to processors, we design, develop, integrate and manage the
sensors, systems and other assets necessary to support integrated
intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations,
exploitation and analysis for the Intelligence Community, the
military services, geographic and functional combatant commands and
DoD agencies. HII is a global engineering and defense technologies
provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in
advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical
capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval
ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII
leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and
enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia,
HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information,
please visit: [ Link Removed ] . Huntington Ingalls Industries is
an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship
may be required for certain positions.
Keywords: Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc, Honolulu , Program Manager - USARPAC/INDOPACOM (Mgr Programs 2) - 5994, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!