Company: Times Supermarket
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description: Relief ManagerDepartment: STORE MANAGEMENT
Direct Supervisor: STORE DIRECTOR FLSA Status: EXEMPTSalary +
Yearly BonusesJob Summary: The Relief Manager is directly
responsible and accountable for overseeing all aspects of the store
that he/she is assigned in the absence of the Store Director,
Assistant Store Director or Grocery Manager. The Relief Manager
ensures that all company directives are executed within expectation
with the intent to maximize sales and profitability while
simultaneously minimizing expenses and any losses. The Relief
Manager position serves as a progression step to the Grocery
Manager position. Essential Job Duties:
- Promotes and maintains proper and efficient servicing of
customers.Directly assists in all aspects of the Front-End
operation and ensures front-end procedures are followed for store
opening and closing functions successfully.
- Responsible for approving checks, processing money orders and
Western Union transactions, reconciling the safe, balances and
accounts for all cashiering tills.
- Conducts floor checks, ensuring that the shelves are adequately
stocked, products merchandised properly rotated, price integrity
enforced according to company standards in all departments..
- May directly train, develop and supervise all employees.
- Ensures that the store complies with the rules/regulations of
various government/regulatory agencies, and abides by and enforces
all company policies and procedures fairly and consistently.
- Assists in reviewing and controlling expenses within the store
and takes appropriate loss prevention measures.
- Ensures good communication is maintained between associates,
store management, and the retail support center staff.
- Fosters a harmonious positive work environment and provides a
safe and sanitary environment for customers and associates.
- Ensures all company programs, philosophies and company image
are carried out and maintained and fosters good relationships in
the community, and collaborates with business partners. Other Job
- Recommends changes in procedures, house rules and work methods
- Recognizes and assist in the advancement of qualified
associates and interviews perspective applicants according to equal
employment opportunity guidelines.
- Conducts periodic competitor checks.
- Attends periodic meetings at the retail support center.
- Edits or inputs information onto Time Solutions(Time and
- Occasional receiving of merchandise with or without the DSD
(direct store delivery) gun.
- Drives forklift to receive or move around merchandise
- Periodic taking of, downloading and auditing inventories.
- Any tasks as deemed necessary by managementPhysical
- 21 years of age or older (operates heavy machinery) (sell
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Stands for extended periods of time with frequent bending and
stooping required during the course of the workday
- Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination for various
- On an average, minimum 40 hours/week with occasional longer
shifts (10 hours) due to business needs
- May require working overnight, early mornings, evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel and
Outlook.- QSI reserves the right to request a review of written
employee screening practices (back ground check) before employment
in the booth. Their employment will be contingent on the results,
due to the amount of negotiable items handled and access to money
transfers via Western Union. R.102215The above topics were covered
with me and I understand the responsibility of working in the
service center booth. I also acknowledge the importance of properly
handling the finances in the booth, which is within my direct
control. I acknowledge that I will be held accountable for any
Keywords: Times Supermarket, Honolulu , Relief Manager, Executive , Kaneohe, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!