Data Governance and Metadata Management
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryData AnalyticsCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$100,600.00 - $166,100.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?This positions focus will be the
Personal Insurance Data Management initiatives for Cloud Data
Governance, partnering with cross-division counterparts to ensure
the successful implementation and execution of the Enterprise Cloud
Governance Framework.Additional responsibilities, including but not
limited to Executing on the Cloud Data Governance Process in
Personal Insurance, Serving as Data Security liaison for PI
business and technical users, Partnering to Modernize & Execute on
the expansion of Cloud and PI Data Governance, and evaluating Data
Management fundamentals and improvements aligned with funded
migrations, including the addition of disciplines into Agile.This
is an individual contributor position.Travelers offers a hybrid
work location model that is designed to support flexibility.What
Will You Do?
- Data Governance (Cloud):
- Contribute with the development and facilitation of enterprise
standards in regard to all aspects of Cloud Governance from
structure and naming standards to security.
- Responsible for adoption, and implementation of defined data
policies, standards, and best practices on assigned projects or
- Collaborate with enterprise partners on design, development,
and implementation of a shared Governance framework of best
practices, roles, and responsibilities.
- Data Security:
- Serve as the line of business Data Security liaison with
Enterprise, IT, and business partners.
- Ensures data and information are handled in accordance with
established laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
- Democratize & Simplify security authorizations (Role Based
- Stay apprised of Information Security guideline and
- Metadata Mgmt/ Data Catalog:
- Partner to expand the organizations Metadata content and
- Collaborates with the support and enhancement of enterprise
- Propose solutions that communicate and reinforce the
availability and business value of the Metadata content.
- Active engagement with new Metadata tool definitions,
requirements, vendor evaluations, and enterprise proposals.
- Data Culture:
- Partners with enterprise colleagues to mature Travelers data
- Knowledge Management:
- Leverages tools, processes, and workflows to capture knowledge,
find information and maintain its relevance.
- Actively promotes a knowledge sharing culture and value
proposition while generating awareness of initiatives throughout
- Articulates guiding principles and frameworks that align with
the strategic vision.
- Strong understanding of emerging trends in knowledge
managementWhat Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Technical Knowledge:
- 5 plus years of Data Management, or relevant analytics
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Snowflake, etc.) a
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of Data Governance, & Data
Security principles and best practices
- Experience performing data analytics.
- SQL experience a plus
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
- IDMA or DAMA Certifications is a plusWhat is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree or four years of relevant data and analytics,
and/or data management experience.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Honolulu , Data Governance and Metadata Management, Executive , Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!